Style > Fashion

Your Halloween Costume This Year Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Halloween is approaching, so it’s time to start putting thought into what you’re going to wear! Finding the right Halloween costume can be very challenging. So, if you’re having trouble deciding on your outfit,  maybe the stars can guide you to the perfect costume!

Aries- Superhero 

Polygon/Marvel Studios

As a fire sign, you’re full of energy and love action. Dressing up as a superhero, warrior, or any other kind of powerful woman matches your personality perfectly. You’re a bad bleep, so let everyone know it this Halloween!

Taurus- Onesie or Jumpsuit

Photo Courtesy of Clad & Cloth

Comfort is key for a Taurus. Wearing a cute onesie will keep you cute and cozy. There are a ton of adorable animal onesies online that are just perfect for you. Or, you could play the fashionable side of it and wear a jumpsuit! Let’s face it, it’s cold in State College, so all of your friends will be jealous of your cozy costume! 

Gemini- Devil/Angel

As the sign of the twins, you have a little bit of a devil and angel inside. This is a Halloween classic for one reason: simplicity. Just wear all white or all red! Don’t forget to pick up some cheap devil horns or a halo from McLanahan’s. Devil and Angel are perfect for friends as well, so grab your bestie and get spooky!

Cancer- Nurse

Nurses are gentle and nurturing just like you. As a Cancer, you’re always there providing love and support to your friends. If you want to spice up the nurse look try applying some fake blood or spooky makeup to add a touch more of Halloween.

Leo- Princess

Leos, we all know you love being the center of attention. The glitz and glam of being a princess is sure to turn heads this Halloween. Cinderella is an easy princess to recreate. Just wear a light blue dress, white gloves, and a tiara! 

Virgo- Goddess

In case you didn’t already know, Beyonce is a Virgo. Enough said. 

Libra- Couples Costume

NBCUniversal & Canva

Libras form strong bonds with the people around them. Whether it’s your significant other or your bestie, try collaborating with them for a costume this year!. The opportunities are endless. No matter what costume you chose, you are your partner and going to have a great night!

Scorpio- Skeleton

Courtesy of Hannah Lipow

Scorpios, you’ve been waiting all year for spooky season and it’s finally arrived! A skeleton jumpsuit is super hot and then you’ll be able to show off your makeup skills with some skull face paint. You can even find a skeleton mask and only paint the top half of your face. We love a COVID-friendly costume!

Sagittarius- An “It Girl”

Sagittariuses are the life of the party. You can pretty much be the “it girl” from any decade, but there was no better time to party than the 80’s. Imagine showing everyone out at the rink!

Capricorn- Cheerleader

Cheer netflix
Netflix

Let’s be honest, you probably forgot about Halloween altogether and now you’re scrambling for a last-minute costume. Lucky for you, a cheerleader is an easy costume you can throw together last minute. If you weren’t a cheerleader in highschool, no worries! Just throw together a tailgate outfit with some cute sneakers and you’re good to go! Don’t forget the PSU apparel! 

Aquarius- Fairy

Disney

You are known to think outside of the box. A fantasy type costume like a fairy will tap into your creativity. No chance you show up on Halloween in a basic costume. Flap your wings and sprinkle your pixie dust this Halloween!

Pisces- Mermaid

woman sitting on wooden dock
Photo by Darren Lawrence from Pexels

The Astrology symbol for a Pisces is two fish. What better way to embrace your sign than dressing up as a mermaid? If you need some inspiration, Kylie Jenner was a mermaid last year, and of course, looked STUNNING. 

Let the stress of finding the perfect costume melt away, and leave it up to the stars this year. Happy Halloween and stay safe Penn Staters!

Jackie Maese is a senior at Penn State majoring in Telecommunications and Theater Studies. If she's not writing at her laptop, you can probably find her cooking up a masterpiece, petting a dog, or eating a New Jersey bagel.