Decor based on your zodiac sign
Decor based on your zodiac sign
Original photo by Caroline Kannapell
Style > Decor

Your Decor Aesthetic Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Aries (March 21st – April 19th) 

Aries – being the first Zodiac sign – typically has the reputation of being go-getters whose main mission is to get to the top. Their decor aesthetic would include a lot of reds and pinks, but their style is very unique, so it would be best to include a lot of statement pieces. If you can imagine how Miranda from The Devil Wears Prada may decorate her home, it would be typical of an Aries. 

Decor for zodiac
Photo by Timothy Paule II from Pexels

Taurus (April 20- May 20th)

Taurus is a very Earth-loving sign. They appreciate nature and love experiencing life to the fullest. Taurus’ style is very open and breathable. They ideally should have neutral space that is accompanied by plants and other green accents. Since they dedicate themselves to caring about the Earth, they do not have a lot of particularly over the top pieces. They stick to neutrals with the pops of green. 

Zodiac Decor
Alexandra Gorn / Unsplash

Gemini (May 21st- June 20th) 

The curious mind of the Gemini would make for some interesting decor pieces. Geminis are known for being very creative and a little ‘all over the place.’ Their style is very personal and unique to them, using various pops of colors scattered throughout the space. It is because of their creative mind that they are never fully done decorating, constantly adding a new art piece or repainting the walls to fit their mood of the month. Do not forget about all the yellow accents! There is definitely no empty wall in a Gemini’s house. 

assorted mugs on wall zodiac decor
Photo by Emre Can from Pexels

Cancer (June 21- July 22nd) 

Cancers, who are known for being highly emotional, want to be protected and have security. They are also known for caring deeply for those they love, and providing the same sense of security they seek themselves. Cancer’s decor style is very simplistic with small accents of blue. Do not forget about the mass amounts of blankets that would be around every corner. Although their style is simple, they display small tokens that represent the things they care most deeply about; nothing too flashy, but that which is sentimental to them.  

Zodiac Decor kitchen
Creatv Eight / Unsplash

Leo (July 23rd- August 22nd)

Leos are known for being the life of the party and an all around good time. Similar to their associated element, fire, Leos have quite vibrant spirits. Their decor reflects their personality with pops of reds, purples, and pinks. They are not shy about flaunting what they have with lots of name brands. Do not forget about the excessive use of animal prints and gold accents. They are wise with their placements, and are classy in their design.  

flowers on wooden desk under chandelier
Photo by Fluster from Unsplash

Virgo (August 23rd – September 22)

Virgos – or the helpers – are known for being the friends we call on when we need help. They are reliable and well versed on the effective pep-talk. They have a very simplistic decor style and they utilize neutral tones to their advantage. They stay away from items that draw too much attention and focus on the pieces that will bring peace. They have the personality trait of being a perfectionist, and it shows in their attention to detail in their decor choices. 

Zodiac decor
Photo by Karolina Grabowska from Pexels

Libra (September 23- October 22)

Libras are the lovers of the Zodiac. They put a lot of their energy into caring for their loved ones while at the same time sometimes forgetting to love themselves. They are focused on fairness and equality and surround themselves with the things and people they love. Their style would include many pops of pink and white, similar to what you would think of for a typically Parisian apartment. Their elegance would come out in the statement decor as well. 

zodiac decor
Photo by Vecislavas Popa from Pexels

Scorpio (October 23-November 21st)

To be a Scorpio means to have the desire to delve deep into the unknown. They do not like simple answers and they definitely do not like taking the easy way out. Scorpios thrive off of exploration and discovery. Their style would contain a lot of darker colors to represent the vast amount of things left undiscovered. They would look towards darker greens and blacks with a couple of gold accents to make the room not completely dark-toned.

zodiac decor
Photo by Samantha Hurley from Burst/Shopify

Sagittarius (November 22nd – December 21st)

Sagittarius signs are the world travelers, always looking for their next adventure. They are the explorers; constantly searching for the next greatest world wonder, with their style reflecting all they have seen. They have a colorful pallet with trinkets from their travels. They are the girls with the Mandala tapestries on their wall; the epitome of Boho Chic. 

zodiac decor
Photo by Designecologist from Pexels

Capricorn (December 22- January 19th) 

Capricorns are the hard workers of the signs. Their style resembles a modern Palace de Versailles; very chic while keeping the elegance of the vintage pieces. They work hard, and want people to see it without having to brag. They gravitate toward pale pinks and neutrals to remain classy. 

zodiac decor
Photo by Ionana Motoc from Pexels

Aquarius (January 20th-February 18th) 

Aquarius are the power seekers. They strive to be knowledgeable, and hope to be the smartest in the room. They prefer their alone time rather than large gatherings, which would be reflected in their unique decor choices. They would turn towards very bright blues and greens to reflect their association with the sea. Their space is very open but comfortable for them. Everything about their space is eye-catching. 

Courtesy of Etsy

Pisces (February 19th – March 20) 

Pisces are free spirits and hold the quality of putting others before themselves. Their minds are always at work, even if their heads are sometimes in the clouds. Their style is a mix between girly and laid-back. They lean towards pastels and neutrals to make their space feel accepting yet whimsical. 

zodiac decor
Photo by Sarah Pflug from Burst/Shopify

Current Senior at PSU UP. I live right outside of DC in Bethesda, MD and I am on track to be an Advertising and Public Relations major with a minor in Business I love sitcoms, stand-up and spend my time hanging out with friends and traveling.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.