Why Krystal is the Villain on This Season of The Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Every Monday when I hop into bed ready to watch The Bachelor, I know the second I press play I can get the perfect dose of girl drama with a dash of romance. This season, the biggest pot stirrer is Krystal Nielson. While I may have to consider that the producers of the show just love to create a villain, it’s no question that Krystal has stepped up to play the role.

1. The amount of times Krystal has stolen Arie away.

Krystal has made it clear that she’s come to The Bachelor meaning business; meaning the only one who gets to spend quality time with her man is her. She’s made this clear by the sheer amount of times she’s interrupted other girls’ conversations, and why she quickly became very unpopular among other contestants.

2. When she went to his house and then wouldn’t spill the details.

It’s obvious that all of Arie’s fan club would like to know what his mom and dad are like, especially since he sees them every other day (which seems weird for a 36-year-old man, but maybe that’s just me). However, Krystal wouldn’t give these other girls the satisfaction, saying it was between her and Arie – again not earning herself many friends.

3. When Krystal stole Arie DURING the rose ceremony.

Arie made it clear he didn’t want to have discussions before the ceremony, yet as names were being called Krystal paused the show and took extra time with him – yet again. Despite her obvious panic that her name may not be called, she continues to act like she’s better than everyone else.

4. When she threw a fit at Lake Tahoe.

In a steamy hot tub date, Arie first threw his arm around Krystal, until some other girl’s teasing caused him to move away. Krystal, of course, took this to heart and said the other girls sdfd acting so “desperate” and “high school,” despite her later gossiping to Arie about the whole thing.

5. The entire bowling date.

Krystal was quick to celebrate her team’s win at their bowling tournament, but after Arie went  “back on his word” and invited the losing team to the after party as well, Krystal went off the wall and decided to pout in her room instead of going to the after party.

Somehow, even after her appalling behavior, Krystal still remains on the show (for now) and still claims to be a threat. Best of luck Krystal; you’re going to need it after all the enemies you’ve made.

Hannah Bingham is a first-year student at Penn State University and staff writer for Her Campus at Penn State. Hannah is majoring in print journalism and is expected to graduate May of 2021. If you see her on campus she will most likely be holding Starbucks and planning her next outfit to post on her fashion Instagram which you can follow@pinkrosesbrowncurls or her personal @hannahh.bingham.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.