This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Attention all book lovers: this article is for you.

I have been an avid reader ever since I was 12-years-old and my 7th grade english teacher introduced me to one of my all time favorite novels: “Twilight.”

Now I know The Twilight Saga is not the epitome of the great American novel, and nor is it an outstanding work of fiction. However, 12-year-old me fell in love, and 20-year-old is still thankful for the novels that made me fall in love with reading.

All that to say, I am a huge reader/book lover. I read around 80 books each year. Unfortunately, that means my receipts for Barnes and Noble and Amazon tend to rack up.

Books are not cheap. Especially if you’re like me and read multiple books a week, you could easily spend over $30 a week on books alone.

Around one year ago, I was over the amount of money I was spending on books (as were my parents).

So, I decided to look for a solution.

I had heard about Kindle Unlimited through the grape vine. My social media had quite a few advertisements about the service, and I decided to look more into it.

The service costs about $9.99 a month, and gives you access to thousands of books at your fingertips.

I was able to receive a student discount, and received three-months free of the online book service.

I instantly fell in love with the service. It was extremely easy to use, and also had seemingly endless novels I was interested in reading, as well as books that aided me in my studies.

As a journalism major, having the “AP Style Book” available on the service was a life saver for me.

However, like with any good things there are some cons to the service. If you’re some who does not like to read online and instead prefers the comfort of a good old physical book, I wouldn’t reccommend the app.

In addition, some of the books available on the app aren’t of the highest quality of writing. However, something I really like about Kindle Unlimited is the fact that is showcases thousands of authors, that I necessarily never would have known about without the help of the book service.

The service has really helped me to broaden my horizons, in terms of the books I now have access to. It also has significantly helped relive the amount I spend on books.

For example, I read around seven books a month. This means I spend about $1.43 per book that I read every month because of Kindle Unlimited.

If you’re not a frequent reader, the service may not necessarily be the right fit for you. However, if you are looking to get more into reading, and wish to broaden the types of books you read, I do think Kindle Unlimited can be extremely helpful.

I am definitely thankful for Kindle Unlimited and all the books I have been able to read from the app. I hope it will be helpful to you as well.

Happy reading!

Chelsea Nakhleh is a sophomore at Penn State University studying digital print journalism.