This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Here’s a list of Halloween movies to get you in the October spirit…organized by streamer and mood.

It’s officially fall! The air is getting crisp, the PSLs are back, and I’m spotting chunky sweaters around campus. To me, that means it’s time to start binging all of the Halloween movies before November 1st hits. I’d like to thank Disney Channel and Freeform for making The “31 Nights of Halloween” an integral part of my upbringing, and now my adulthood. What can I say, they got me hooked and it’s now a tradition I can’t break. 

Honestly, there’s nothing I love more than watching movies with my friends and family around Halloween time. When the “31 Nights” schedule would get released as a kid, I would immediately call my friends and make plans for watch parties. Remember when Disney would do Halloween specials for shows like That’s So Raven and The Suite Life of Zach and Cody? That was some truly quality television. My friends and I used to have mini premiere nights to watch those episodes because it was such a big deal to us. 

Halloween movies/shows possess this magical power to bring people together and create a bonding atmosphere. So this year, maybe you’ll be inspired to grab some of your friends and have your own Halloween movie night, where you can reflect on the nostalgia of Halloween’s past or celebrate the fact that you’re now old enough to watch all the horror movies you want!

Truthfully, I’m not watching any more horror movies than when I was a kid. The only real difference between my childhood “31 Nights of Halloween” and now is that I now get to pick what I watch and when I watch it, thanks to both age and this little thing called streaming. Here that, Freeform? Sometimes 14 showtimes for Hocus Pocus just isn’t enough.

So, in the spirit of adapting freedom and the streaming renaissance, while still keeping with tradition, I’ve rounded up the top Halloween-themed movies (and TV shows!) currently streaming, and organized them by mood. Whatever you and your friends are feeling, this guide has got you covered. It’s kind of like getting to choose your own Halloween costume now that you’re grown. Maybe you’re in the mood for spooky, terrifying, or cute/sexy. YOU get to decide! Keep scrolling for the top 31 Halloween flicks, organized by mood. Don’t forget to bookmark this page for reference and thank me later.

It’s already October, so happy watching!

If you’re feeling spooky:

1. Hocus Pocus (Disney Plus)
  2. Monster House (Netflix)
  3. Dark Shadows (HBO Max)
  4. AHS (Netflix)
  5. Phantom of the Megaplex (Disney Plus)
  6. IT (HBO Max)
  7. The Twilight Saga (Netflix)
  8. Nightmare Before Christmas (Disney Plus)
  9. The Shining (HBO Max)
  10. Casper (Hulu)

If you’re feeling cute:

1. Halloweentown 1-4 (Disney Plus)
  2. Edward Scissorhands (Hulu)
  3. Practical Magic (HBO Max)
  4. Scream Queens (Hulu)
  5. Goosebumps (Netflix)
  6. Twitches 1&2 (Disney Plus)
  7. The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Netflix)
  8. Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire (Disney Plus)
  9. Warm Bodies (Prime Video)
  10. Haunted Mansion (Disney Plus)

If you’re feeling like being terrified:

1. Jennifer’s Body (Prime Video)
  2. The Conjuring 1&2 (Netflix)
  3. The Shining (HBO Max)
  4. Insidious (Netflix)
  5. Poltergeist (HBO Max)
  6. The Cabin in the Woods (Prime Video)
  7. The Haunting of Hill House/Bly Manor (Netflix)
  8. The Grudge (Hulu)
  9. Fear Street (Netflix)
  10. Malignant (HBO Max)
  11. Candyman (Prime Video)
Ani is a PSU senior, pursuing a B.A. in strategic communications and a minor in media studies. She is a writer and PR intern in Los Angeles, passionate about increasing diversity in the entertainment industry. She is a lover of reality TV, thrift shopping, indie movies, and all. the. dogs. Follow her adventures on IG: @anicataldi.