This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It feels like just yesterday I was a senior in high school contemplating the most important decision of my life. Today, I am a month and a half away from being a senior in college. Where does the time go?

I walk past student tour groups and smile, thinking, ‘wow I can’t believe that used to be me.’

I don’t know if I am excited, or terrified, or both about what will happen a year and a half from now.

When I think back upon my time in college, I came in thinking I had my whole life planned out, ask my roommate I have a journal for everything with every possible life route written down. When I reflect back upon these journals I could not even imagine going down the routes I created for myself when I was 18-years-old. Now, I have no idea what I want to do with my life, where I want to live, I used to have this all nailed down.

But we change, we grow, it is okay that I don’t know anymore. It’s okay that I don’t have a five year plan anymore. And now I am terrified, I have never not known what my next move is. If there is one thing I have learned throughout my time in college it’s that you can’t have everything planned out. Nothing ever goes the way you want, every single day is vastly different than the one before it.

Whoever said high school was the best days of their lives, never went to college. Although some days are hard, and the sun doesn’t shine much, I wouldn’t change this experience for the world.

Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.
Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team.