This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

You know what they say- the pants you wear are the window to the soul. Okay, maybe they don’t say that. However, the clothes you decide to wear say a lot about who you are. Especially pants, since there’s such a wide variety to choose from. An outfit is much more than an outfit; it reflects who you are and what you like. Ever wonder what others think about you based on whether you’re wearing skinny jeans or bell bottoms? Don’t worry- I’m here to tell you.

Skinny jeans

If your favorite pair of pants are skinny jeans, you like a timeless look. Despite the trends, skinny jeans are pretty much always in style one way or another. Also, just a wild guess- you probably don’t get bloated very often (I am very jealous).

Boyfriend jeans

You’re probably the edgy one out of your friends, and the one who won’t hesitate to speak her mind. I’m guessing you also probably love Doc Martins and aren’t afraid to stand out in the group with your cool outfits.

Sweatpants/Joggers

You are a homebody, and you don’t mind staying in for the night. You’d rather be comfy than dressed super cute, which is ALWAYS a power move. Also, I bet joggers becoming stylish was probably one of the best things to happen to you in your teenage years.

Leggings

You are productive and have your life together for the most part. You also like to be comfortable, but you also are probably one of those people that exercises on a Sunday morning and has a planner for the week.

Yoga pants

You love a good throwback trend (shoutout to Emma Chamberlain for bringing it back). You don’t really care about other people’s opinions. So as long as you like what you’re wearing, that’s all that matters- a motto we should all follow.

Biker shorts

If biker shorts are your go-to, you’re definitely trendy and not afraid to take risks. Even when people were skeptical about them at first, you knew how to pull them off and inspire all your friends to go out and buy a pair themselves.

Skirts

I’m guessing that if you like to wear skirts, you’re a girly-girl and like to wear pastel colors. It doesn’t matter if everyone else is wearing long pants, you know what you like and will make it work for any occasion.

Flare jeans

Flare jeans = the life of the party. You’re probably really outgoing and a fun person to be around. How can you not be when you’re rocking a good flare?

While your pants certainly don’t define you as a person, they can tell you more about a person than you may think. I love mixing it up just as much as anyone else, but we all have our own go-to that probably reflects our personality just a little bit. Next time you’re with your friends, think about this list and see if it’s accurate for them, or even better, see if it’s accurate for you. 

Rachel Darata is a junior at Penn State majoring in Telecommunications aiming to get a Smeal College of Business Fundamentals Certificate.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.