Style

What New Fall Jacket You Should Buy Based on Your Favorite Thanksgiving Food

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As it’s inching closer and closer to winter, it is time to take a look back in our closet and decide what the newest items we need are. This year, everyone seems to be stepping out in all different types of jackets. Fall brings in the weather where you could wear a thin jacket one day or the heaviest jacket you own the next.

If deciding what to get is hard for you, here is a list of jackets you should get based on your favorite Thanksgiving food because who doesn’t love when food and style go together?

Turkey — Jean Jacket

Turkey is known as the classic staple that is never replaced every time the holiday comes around. That’s why a jean jacket is perfect for those turkey lovers out there. They are simple and easy to pair with anything.

If you want to go for a little flair and more warmth, opt for one with fleece lining, it’ll be like gravy to turkey.

Green Bean Casserole — Leather Jacket

Tough on the outside, warm and soft on the inside, just like a leather jacket. With a hard exterior, it’s hard to see what’s underneath, but once you do, you see a whole new thing. After you get past the crunch (the leather jacket) you get to the green beans (your outfit underneath) and you still have a great look and feel.

Mashed potatoes — Puffer jacket

Warm, fluffy, light and a highlight of the season. That is precisely how you could describe mashed potatoes and a puffer jacket.

When the temperatures really start to drop, you’re probably going to want something to keep you extra warm, and what’s better than the stylish puffer jacket? Unlike mashed potatoes, they come in many different colors, the decision is yours.

Stuffing — Fleece Jacket

Not always included in everyone’s favorites, a fleece jacket is sometimes the perfect addition to make an outfit fun. They aren’t as popular as they used to be but there is nothing wrong with opting for something a little fun.

Cranberry Sauce — Cardigan

Cardigans are like cranberry sauce, the light topping to add to your full outfit. Both go on top of an item to make it even better than it was before. They’re the sweet addition to anything you add them to.

While not everyone may love cardigans or cranberry sauce, you are sure to be comfy with your choice.

Pumpkin Pie — Flannel Jacket

Pumpkin pie is a classic that stays throughout the entire season. Taking one classic fruit, a pumpkin, and changing it into a delicious dessert. For the cold fall temperatures, you can take a classic fall staple, a flannel, and upgrade it with a sherpa-lined flannel.

Sweet Potato Pie — Suede Sherpa Coat

Taking a classic and adding a little topping to create a new, and just as great, item is exactly why sweet potato pie is like a suede sherpa trim coat. Suede jackets had their time in the spotlight, now take one with some sherpa and you’ll be sure to keep warm with a cool fall breeze blowing at you.

Fall styles bring so many options as does Thanksgiving dinner, so it’s no surprise that you would like any of the options. As long as you choose what you really love there will be no disappointment when you step out into the cold temperatures of fall.

Sophia is a junior majoring in Public Relations at Penn State University. She loves watching movies, listening to music, and hanging out with her friends.