Style

What Fashion Trend You Should Try Based on Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Are you looking to spice up your wardrobe or try out a new trend? This is your sign to do it! Let your zodiac sign pick out the perfect fashion trend to try out.

Academia

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19), Virgo (Aug. 23-Sep. 22), and Aquarius (January 19-February 19)

Due to the structured and ambitious mindset of these signs, the academia look perfectly captures their overall vibe. Academia is a style that has been rising in popularity recently, which is likely traced back to TikTok trends. This style is preppy, sophisticated and classy.

Try wearing a turtleneck sweater with a cute plaid blazer and a pair of high waisted jeans. You could also try styling a college crew neck sweater over a white collared shirt. There are so many different routes you can take to achieve the academia look, which is why it is one of my favorite fashion trends at the moment!

Jewel Tones

Aries (March 20-April 19), Leo (July 22-August 22), and Scorpio (October 22-November 21)

Bold and captivating colors just give me huge Aries, Leo and Scorpio energy. Not only are these colors absolutely stunning, but they are also chic and so glamorous. Recently, I’ve been seeing a lot of these unique jewel toned colors in fashion, and I’ve been loving it.

With cold weather on the way, this trend is especially perfect for the winter seasons. Try switching up your wardrobe with some emerald green tops or ruby red jackets to accentuate your vivacious and lively nature!

Matching Sweatsuits

Cancer (June 20-July 22), Pisces (February 10-March 20), and Taurus (April 20-May 20)

These signs are known to be both chill and artistic, so a matching DIY sweatsuit is the perfect fashion trend that you should definitely give a try. Unleash your creative side by embroidering, tie dying, or painting on any matching sweat suit to make it your own. This is the perfect fashion choice for all of the quarantine activities.

Why not look fashionable while you binge watch your favorite show for the third time? I personally love the ones that are customized with colorful jewels. These are trendy, cute and comfortable! What more could you ask for?    

Oversized Blazers

Gemini (May 21-June 21), Libra (September 23-October 21) and Sagittarius (November 23-December 21)

Sagittarius, Libra and Gemini people are fabulous in every way possible. These signs have both a playful and sophisticated side to them, which is why I think that an oversized blazer is the perfect fashion trend for them to try out.

A blazer of any kind is a major staple to have in your closet and it can transform any look from casual to chic. This is a perfect addition to your wardrobe, especially as we head into the colder months. To complete this look, pair a super cute oversized blazer with some funky booties or thigh highs! 

Stay fashionable, collegiettes! 

Penn State '21
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.