WE ARE…United.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We can all remember where we were and what we were doing the day the news came in on September 11, 2001. Who ever imagined an event so horrible that it would soon become part of history textbooks and a defining moment of the American life would take place in our lifetime? It was one of the worst days in American history,  but it also became one of the best. Our country came together–one nation, under God–and overcame this terrible hardship.

How could that have already been nine years ago? To all the men and women who lost their lives that day, all the innocent workers in the towers, the heroes on flight 93, the brave authorities and soldiers, we remember you this day. Here on campus, flag memorials popped up between buildings. It was the least we could do.

~God Bless America~

Do you remember where you were on September 11? What do you do to commemorate the victims and heroes of that day?

Jen Kach is the most enthusiastic English major you'll ever meet at Penn State. Not a drop of British blood runs in her veins, but with her passion for literature and creative writing, she may as well have been born in the country of Shakespeare and Charles Dickens! Once she graduates from Happy Valley, she hopes to take the publishing world by storm, working either in book publishing or the magazine industry. At the top of her list, though, are novels...her ultimate dream is to write several of them! At Penn State, she is the managing editor for Valley magazine, a writing center tutor, and a member of Ed2010. An ardent believer in La Vie Boheme, she is in love with love, art, coffee shops, music, and classic films. She loves the little things in life, will never forget seeing the Goo Goo Dolls live in concert, and firmly believes that, when all else is said and done, there is no problem that Jane Austen can't fix.