This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As the temperatures drop, the tendency to stay inside increases, so why not make it the most inviting place to stay? Making your room the comfiest place is so important. After those long, cold days, there is nothing better than settling down in your room; it makes all the difference if you need a mood boost.

CandleS

What a better way to get festive for the season than having a fall-scented candle or even a small wall plug in. Candles emanate the warmth of a fire but make any room smell like anything from pumpkin pie to pine trees — it’s your decision. 

Tea Kettle

Coming back from being out in the cold all day probably means your body needs a drink to warm you up. With a tea kettle, you can boil water for a cup of tea, hot chocolate or whatever your drink of choice is. The best motivation to get back home is being able to cozy up with a cup of tea in your hand.

BlanketS

One of the best parts about it getting colder outside is that you get to put away the fan and take out your biggest, coziest blanket — the thicker, the better. Even a weighted blanket is perfect, if you are into those. Throwing a blanket over you after walking around in the cold all day is a feeling you just can’t replace.

Big SweatshirtS

Nothing is better than the switch from seasons — summer with shorts and a t-shirt to fall with a sweatshirt and sweatpants. The cold weather gives you a reason to dress like you just rolled out of bed, and what’s better than that? 

Sweatshirts are essential to home living because they are so useful. The hood keeps your head warm, the pocket can keep your snacks and other knick-knacks, and the long sleeves can hide your hands.

Backrest Pillow

What a better investment than one of the best pillows ever made. They support your back while also being the easiest to fall asleep in. Backrest pillows are perfect for those late nights of doing homework in your bed or when you bring it to the couch for a movie night with your friends.

Whether you go for a fluffy one or a soft one, you really can’t go wrong with either.

Fairy Lights

Why keep those harsh lights on all season when you can buy the cutest and coolest lights ever invented, fairy lights? Not only do they have the most adorable little name but they also capture the fall vibe perfectly. They are bright enough to slightly light up your room but dark enough so that you don’t feel too overwhelmed with light from fluorescent lamps.

Speaker

This is for those lowkey nights, staying in, getting your work done or for those nights where you need to get out energy from those long days away from your room. A good speaker is perfect to play background music for your study sessions or a spontaneous dance party with your roommates. 

It’s as important as ever to keep your room cozy as the weather gets colder and colder. Nothing is better than to come back to the comfiest room that you designed yourself.

Sophia is a junior majoring in Public Relations at Penn State University. She loves watching movies, listening to music, and hanging out with her friends.