This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

One of Disney World and Disneyland’s newest attractions is the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in both Disneyland and Hollywood Studios parks. Fortunately for me, I had the opportunity to visit both of them this year.

Disney does detail better than anyone, so of course the area was so transformative and I really felt like I was in a Star Wars movie. The workers, or “cast members,” also did a great job of becoming the character that is this sci-fi culture. Walking through Galaxy’s Edge really was overwhelmingly spot-on, and it was so evident that the dedicated Star Wars fandom felt that way, too!

As of right now, Galaxy’s Edge both the East and West coast parks have a simulator ride called, Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. It too, is a very detailed and transformative ride through the Star Wars galaxy featuring characters from the films that make going on the so called “mission,” so inviting. Coming soon to both parks, is another thrill ride called, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.

The parks also had galactic-themed dining options, which obviously help enhance any kind of experience! The most popular beverage offered in the area was a blue or green milk that had people so excited, there was always a long line to get it. I mean, when do people get the chance to be just like Luke Skywalker?!

Overall, I definitely recommend going to Galaxy’s Edge for anyone visiting Disneyland or Disney World in the future!

Erin Campbell is a senior at Penn State from York, PA. She is majoring in journalism with a minor in English. Erin is a member of Happy Valley Communications and hopes to pursue a career in the communications field.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.