Upcoming Movies and TV Shows You Should Be Excited For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We all love a really good movie or television show, but sometimes we can get repetitive in our viewing habits when there’s nothing new to watch. Lucky for us, there are a lot of good movies and television series coming out in the very near future. Without further ado, here is a list of upcoming movies and TV Shows that are coming out in the next few months that I am extremely excited for.

Game of Thrones (Season 8)

Alas, the long awaited final season of “Game of Thrones” will be here April 14th. This is extremely exciting for all GOT fans. Who will die? Who will live? Will Cersei Lannister get eaten by a dragon? The most burning question of all, who will sit on the Iron throne?

Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel opens March 8th and is the first movie within the booming Marvel franchise to feature a female superhero as the lead. Female superheroes are amazing, proven to us by DC’s “Wonder Woman.” I am hoping for this movie to be another Wonder Woman-esque kind of film where we can go to see a strong female lead that represents strong, empowered and passionate women kicking butt.

Avengers End Game

Calling all Marvel fans, the movie we have all been waiting on is almost here. “Avengers End Game” is set to premiere April 26th and we should all be excited about this. How will it end? Will our favorite superheroes return from the abrupt demise they suffered at the end of “Avengers Infinity War” or are they doomed to be dust particles floating in the wind for the rest of the foreseeable future?

Five Feet Apart

I can only describe this as what looks to me as another “Fault in Our Stars” kind of movie. “Five Feet Apart,” which premiers March 15th seems to be a story about two teens, sick with Cystic Fibrosis, falling in love and bonding over their shared experiences of living with their illness. A modern day forbidden romance. I am reluctant to go see this movie when it premiers because it looks like it has the potential to break my heart into thousands of tiny pieces.

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (Season 2)

Season two of the “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina” is coming to Netflix in April. The first season was extremely good, with a great plot and a startlingly spooky ambiance. I cannot wait to see what the second season has in store for us and where it will take our young witch on her journey into witchhood and on the path of night.

Toy Story 4

If you’re ready for a trip down memory lane and want a heavy dose of nostalgia, “Toy Story 4” is set to premiere in theaters this June. Unpopular opinion: “Toy Story” was never my personal favorite, but it is a still a cult classic that many people are bound to be overjoyed that there will be a fourth movie added to the mix.

A Dog’s Journey

The sequel to “A Dog’s Purpose” comes out May 17th. If you’re an animal lover and liked the first movie, then you’ll be excited to hear that Bailey’s journey continues in “A Dog’s Journey” where he goes on with helping and inspiring the humans around him to live fuller lives.

Spider Man: Far from Home

Yet another dramatic, epic and action packed Marvel film on this list. If you like the revamped “Spider Man” way more than the original, like me, then you’ll be excited for the second “Spider Man” with Tom Holland playing Spidey to come to theaters this July 5th.

Queer Eye (Season 3)

If you’ve watched and re-watched the first and second seasons of “Queer Eye,” you’ll be happy to know that the third season comes out on Netflix March 15th.

The Hustle

A new comedy starring Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway, in which they both play female con artists, is coming out May 10th. This movie looks extremely funny. Any movie with Rebel Wilson is sure to bring the humor, but just look up the trailer and you’ll see what I mean.

Dumbo

Get ready to cry your eyes out with this Disney live-action “Dumbo” remake. Disney is all about live remakes these days and I have a sneaking suspicion that this one is going to pull at our heartstrings, just like the original “Dumbo.”

Haley Deitz is a Senior at The Pennsylvania State University, pursuing an Advertising major with minors in Media Studies, Women’s Studies, and Digital Media Trends and Analytics. Haley is a contributing writer for Her Campus Penn State, whose dream job is still yet to be determined. Her hobbies include reading, writing, and being the best dog mom she can be.
Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team.