Top 5 Snow Day Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Nothing compares to the feeling of waking up on a cold morning tucked under all your covers to a text message that you don’t have school – it’s a snow day! After you catch a few more hours of sleep, you decide it’s time to get your gal pals together for some snow day festivities. If you’re ever in a jam, here are some fun activities you and your friends can enjoy the next time there are some flurries on campus:

1.  Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate

It’s a great way to bond with your pals as you watch the snowfall outside, while you’re in the comfort of your own home. You can add extra marshmallows to make it more festive.

2. Build a snowman

If you and your friends feel brave enough to venture outside, then building a snowman is a fun activity for any snow day. If you name your snowman, it’ll be something you and your friends will be able to look back at and remember the snow day you spent together.

3. Go sledding

While you’re outside, you can experience some thrill and go sledding at the largest hill you can find.

4. Have a snowball fight

After you enjoy some time in nature, you and your friends can partake in a playful snowball fight. It’ll be a wonderful way to get moving on a snow day.

5. Make snow molasses candy

If you’re feeling hungry on a snow day, you can use the snow to your advantage and make snow molasses candy – it’ll be a tasty sweet treat on a chilly day.

Hopefully one of these activities will make your snow day a bit more fun! Stay nice and warm, collegiettes!

Maire is a junior at Penn State majoring in psychology. She loves ice cream, writing, and crocs. She hopes to grow as a writer during her time at Her Campus. She loves the environment. Follow her vegetarian food Instagram for cool and fun content @iturnipforvegetables !
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.