This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I’m sure we can all agree that 2020 was a year filled with adversity and panic, but I can say that there is one good thing that came out of this year: the fashion. Quarantine definitely brought out everyone’s creative side, which has led to some very unique and fun trends! It was hard to narrow this list down, but here are my favorite fashion trends that came out of 2020. I hope that these trends will last all throughout 2021!

Sweater Vests

Sweater vests recently made a huge comeback! Oversized clothing in general is huge in 2020…this includes extremely oversized sweater vests. To me, this is the perfect fall fit. I love this look paired with a white collared blouse underneath. It is so simple yet classy!

Chunky Jewelry

In the past few years, dainty jewelry definitely had all the attention. As a lover of chunky earrings and necklaces, I’m so happy to see that they have made a comeback! This trend certainly isn’t going anywhere. I anticipate chunky jewelry being worn all throughout 2021 as well…and I’m not complaining!

Tie-Dye

Tie-dye is one of the most prominent fashion trends to come out of 2020. People started tie-dying their own clothing in quarantine, and ever since then, it has completely taken over. I especially love the matching tie-dye sweatsuits. It is so comfy and fashionable at the same time.

Puff-Sleeves

If you told me that puff-sleeves would become a huge trend a few years ago, I wouldn’t believe you. At first, I wasn’t sure of this look, but it has really grown on me and has become one of my favorite 2020 trends. I feel like it’s such a classy and sophisticated look that is flattering on all different body types. Also, it is an extremely versatile look; it can be worn to work, brunch or a night out.

Square-Toe High Heels

Square toed dainty heels were definitely huge in the summer of 2020, and I believe that they’re going to make a comeback this summer. I loved this trend so much and even bought a few square toed heels in different colors. I feel like these shoes are both classy and fun at the same time. They’re very versatile and can be worn with so many different outfits: dresses, jeans, or slacks, these shoes look great with any look!

May your new year bring fashion and glamour!

Penn State '21
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.