Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Top 10 Last Minute And Inexpensive Valentine’s Day Gifts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Where sometimes you might feel a little left out if there’s not a certain someone in your life. Well, I’m here to tell you that you don’t need a Mr. or a Ms. to figure out that Valentine’s Day kinda sucks when you don’t have the gifts. Whether it be for Galentine’s Day or for someone special, these are the  best gifts to get if it’s last minute, and you’re low on your dollars.

Fuzzy Socks

Straight up, fuzzy socks from Amazon or Target are the best thing to give. They’re super cheap and will hands down make any girl (or guy) feel super comfy while the snow or rain falls outside.

Any Kind of Chocolate

Seriously. I know it’s very common to get candy for Valentine’s Day, but it’s so cheap. You can get a whole bag of Kit Kats for five bucks, at least where I shop. And then the day after, all the candy is on sale. Candy lights up anyone’s day.

Flowers

But not from a florist. They sell flowers literally anywhere that sells cards, and some are super cheap. I’ve seen bouquets of roses for only ten bucks.

Lottery Cards

Any food store or gas station at least has one of these machines there that deposits lottery cards. I know it may not seem like a lot at first, but there’s always that chance that you might win and that makes a lot of people excited to get them. You could also get cute and DIY something with those cards, maybe something saying “I won the lottery when I met you.”

Cookies

Whether homemade or bought, everyone likes cookies. Stick them in a tupperware and put some hearts on it, and you have a Valentine’s Day gift.

Meal Points

I mean, we are all college students here, right? If you’re feeling really generous, take your significant other or gal pals out to dinner and spend your points on them. We’re all just trying to eat our way through out exams. Might as well do it together.

Wine

If you’re old enough, wine is a great option. There are plenty of cheap and good-tasting wines out there to give to someone, and wine can be super romantic, too. Or a boxed wine night-in with some friends sounds amazing as well. Either way, wine can definitely make someone happy.

Candles

This is really the easiest thing ever. They sell small candles in Target, CVS and any other store you can imagine. Girls LOVE candles. Take it from someone who constantly uses them for “mood lighting” during her baths. If you get her a scent she loves, hands-down she will make good use out of that candle.

Stuffed Animals

Boy or girl, no one can deny that stuffed animals are a main present of Valentine’s Day. Who can say no to the cute eyes of a teddy bear? Whether it be one from Build-A-Bear or from your local CVS, anyone will love a stuffed animal, and the cuddles will never stop.

A Night Out

Okay, this kinda sounds vague, but hear me out. There is so much going on this time of year that sometimes, people just need to chill. If you just go out and have fun for a night, then that’s the best gift you can receive. Whether it’s going out to see a movie or ordering a pizza and watching Netflix all night, spending time with the people you love is the greatest gift someone can ask for.

Happy Valentine’s Day, collegiettes!

Alexandra is a senior at Penn State majoring in Digital-Print Journalism in the College of Communications. She is the assistant editor for Her Campus and loves everything else PSU has to offer her. She is involved with the Onward State, and would like to somehow benefit THON. Alex loves to write, sing, bake, and dance around like no one is watching. Alex is known to love her animals, including her cat, Grace, who isa little devil at the same time. Oh, and pizza. She loves pizza like it's her world. Follow her on Instagram for her craziness: allieramos1698