Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

Top 10 “Gilmore Girls” Episodes That Give Off the Perfect Fall Vibe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

With fall among us, it is important to acknowledge those who have perfected the season and its essence. Yes, it is once again time to envy the lives of our favorite Stars Hollow residents, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore. Listed below are the top 10 episodes of Gilmore Girls that are sure to provide you with the perfect fall vibe.

Warning: minor spoilers ahead.

“tHE fESTIVAL OF LIVING ART” (Season four, Episode seven)

This episode provides all the essential aspects for a true Gilmore Girls experience.

Quirky town event? Check.

Another obstacle standing in the way of Luke and Lorelai? Check.

Oh, and the perfect fall vibes? Triple check.

Fun fact: Throughout its seven-season run, Gilmore Girls was only awarded one Emmy, and it’s thanks to this episode! The series took home the Emmy for the category “Outstanding Makeup” in the year 2004, all in credit to the amazing makeup-work showcased in this fun and wacky episode.

“let me hear your balalaikas ringing out” (season six, episode eight)

This episode is hard to beat as it features former cast member and fan favorite, Jess Mariano. This is also a huge turning point in the life of the youngest Gilmore.

Also, Rory’s hair in this episode? The best way to describe it is if fall had a hair style.

“lost and found” (season two, episode 15)

Who can resist an episode with everyones favorite local bad boy Jess Mariano? As the leaves begin to change, so do the increasingly complicated relationships of 16-year-old Rory Gilmore, much to Lorelai’s dismay.

“Let the games begin” (season three, episode eight)

This episode combines two of the most prominent things in our lives at the moment: fall and college! Watch as the Gilmores stroll through Yale, and as in most episodes when all four Gilmore’s are together, drama is promised.

“kiss and tell” (season one, episode seven)

This fall episode focuses on Rory having her first kiss. It also includes, in true Gilmore Girls fashion, a movie night with way too much candy and– of-course– nosy neighbors!

“YOU Jump, i jump, jack” (season five, episode seven)

A fan favorite, this episode introduces new character Logan in much better detail. The setting takes place outside for most of the episode, maintaining a perfect autumn vibe throughout the episode.

Also, Rory’s dress? Absolutely immaculate.

“kill me now” (season one, episode three)

Though this episode is early on in the series it does a great job of setting up the dynamics of the Gilmore family. This episode has it all: from Richard and Rory bonding, to Emily and Lorelai fighting.

“the road trip to harvard” (season two episode four)

Who could resist walking around a beautiful college campus in the fall? I’ll tell you who can’t: Lorelai and Rory.

Though this episode is a bit depressing (don’t worry, I won’t spoil), the Gilmore Girls’ road trip to Harvard provides us with all the excitement of something new.

Could the fall vibes get any better than this?

“I can’t get started” (seson two, episode 22)

This may be the Gilmore Girls episode with the most whiplash. This one features it all: a lovely wedding at the Inn, complicated relationships and most of all: frustration.

As frustrating as the ending may be, the fall energy is unmatched.

“a-tisket, a-tasket” (season three, episode 13)

The perfect Gilmore Girls episode doesn’t exist– nevermind, it does!

One cannot stress how this episode summarizes Gilmore Girls perfectly. The outdated and slightly sexist town event? Rory acting oblivious? Being teased by the potential couple Luke and Lorelai?

This episode has it all folks, especially that perfect fall backdrop.

Happy watching!

Chelsea Nakhleh is a sophomore at Penn State University studying digital print journalism.