This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There’s still time left this season to get ready for Penn State Football, follow these easy tips to make it the best gameday yet! 

Get plenty of sleep the night before.

Game day requires all of the energy that you can possibly get! So, get some rest while you can!

Pick out your outfit early!

If you have to cut a shirt, get it done before you’re a zombie on gameday morning and put yourself in the position to ruin it. Plus, having it already picked out could give you an extra ten minutes of sleep!

Do a facemask the night before too!

You should prepare your skin for the full day of makeup and face tattoos! Also, don’t forget to put on some sunscreen if it’s going to be a sunny day!

Charge your phone up until the second you leave!

Having a dead phone in the middle of Beaver Stadium will never end well. Keep your phone charged so you can take pictures and videos of touchdowns but more importantly, so that you can stay in touch with your friends and avoid getting lost. 

If you have one, get the location of your tailgate ASAP

Having the location as soon as possible will guarantee that you won’t be left stranded walking around the endless maze of cars and trailers. Also, if you have the location before you actually leave, you can load it successfully before you’re out of range (see #6).

Load all your directions and send all your important texts BEFORE leaving your apartment or dorm.

Beaver Stadium and the surrounding area becomes a dead zone on game day when everyone is using cellular data. So, be prepared and don’t screw yourself over when it comes to directions or your best friend from home calling you!

Plan to go with your favorite people, have an open mind, and get ready to make some memories!

Penn State game days are the best kind of Saturdays so take in every second whether it’s your first game, last game, or somewhere in between because one day you will miss them and the people you share them with.

Marlena is a fourth-year in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications at Penn State where she is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Psychology and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is so grateful to be at Penn State and loves learning more about communications, her peers, and herself every day. She hopes to use this knowledge and her own positive outlook to help others in any way she can.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.