This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There’s nothing like having a national holiday that focuses on eating, napping and watching TV. Thanksgiving is a day to relax and put on your eating pants ‘cause you know you’ll be having at least three plates of food. We love to see it, so here’s your Thanksgiving day told in GIFs:

1. Waking up and realizing it’s Thanksgiving day

2. Watching parades on TV

3. When Santa arrives at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

4. When you ask if the food is ready and someone tells you it’s not

5. When the smell of Turkey first hits your nose

6. When the food is FINALLY ready

7. Filling your plate with food

8. After you’ve had your third plate of food

9. The post-meal nap

10. Planning your Black Friday deals

11. Going to sleep

Happy Thanksgiving, collegiettes! 

Hannah Nelson is a senior at Penn State University, double majoring in Print/Digital Journalism and History. She enjoys Marvel movies, anything Harry Potter, books, quoting Vines and watching Tik Toks. In her free time, she is probably watching Try Guys videos on YouTube. She is passionate about mental health, women's rights and the Black Lives Matter movement.
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.