This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Those who know me well know that I am in love with perfume. As far back as I can remember, I have always worn some form of it.

The extremely cheap rollerball sets from drug stores always made me feel like I was wearing the most expensive bottle that money could buy. On rare occasions, my mom would allow me to use one spray of her Japanese Cherry Blossom perfume, and that is where my passion began. I have many memories of following my mom or my cousins around Bath and Body Works and having to stop and smell every different scent.

Eventually, I was given permission to wear “adult perfume” and I never looked back.

I’ve always been a picky person and my perfume preferences are not any different. While my preferences in scents have changed over time, all of these perfumes have a special place in my heart. Whether it be the memories associated with buying the perfume or the scents themselves, these are my favorite perfumes of all time.

Daisy Dream Forever by Marc Jacobs

I feel that a lot of girls in middle school had a Marc Jacobs “Daisy phase” that they went through. As someone who is not the biggest fan of floral scents, I did not immediately jump on the bandwagon.

That is until I discovered Daisy Dream Forever, a less overpowering variant to me with the addition of fruity notes into the original floral formula. I received a free sample of it and never looked back.

Part of why I hold this fragrance near and dear to my heart is it was the first “adult” perfume I was allowed to use. My parents gifted it to me for Christmas, and I remember wearing it every day for about two years straight.

Eventually, I grew tired of the same fragrance and decided to branch out. By this point, I was a freshman in high school and knew it was time for a change.

I still wear this scent from time to time, and every time I do I am reminded of the excitement I felt when I opened my present all those years ago.

Ari By Ariana Grande

Around the time I was getting tired of the Marc Jacobs scent, a friend and I went shopping at Ulta. While we were there we discovered Ariana Grande’s perfume line. I remembered hearing about when it first launched and then nothing after that, so I was completely shocked at how many different types there were.

Her original perfume Ari was my favorite and it was the first perfume that I bought with my own money. The smell is very sweet and fruity with a hint of vanilla, three of my favorite notes in a perfume.

Like Daisy Dream, I wore this scent for years and it was my choice of perfume for all important events such as weddings, my sweet sixteen and even my graduation.

I have now retired this bottle to “once every few months” so that it doesn’t lose the magic that made me fall in love with it in the first place.

Coco Mademoiselle By Chanel

My current rotation of perfumes consists of fragrances considerably more expensive than the ones above. While I will be the first one to say that cost doesn’t always equal quality, there are some exceptions to this rule. In my opinion, Chanel is one of them.

Chanel is a powerhouse and has been for well over 100 years. From clothing to handbags, and of course their infamous perfumes, they are a force to be reckoned with.

About two Christmases ago I received this perfume as a gift from my father. He had been watching me build my collection for years and decided I needed to add a bottle that I’d never forget.

I remember tearing up as he explained how nervous he had been trying to pick out a scent at the store as he wanted to make sure it was perfect and that it represented me.

I feel that Coco Mademoiselle does just that. Its warmth and slightly sweet scent is one that lingers for days after you use it, and is one that I continue to turn to without hesitation.

I see them as miniature time capsules. I own an estimated 30 perfumes, but the three above are the ones most special to me. They each tell a story and relate back to a special moment in my life.

In my opinion, perfume is more than a way for me to smell nice. It is a way I can express myself for however I feel in that moment of time.

Madison Mendez is a third-year student at Penn State majoring in Professional Photography. She is from Orlando, Florida and is obsessed with Billie Eilish, the beach, and baking.