This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As the pandemic continues the rage on, it has become pretty clear that we will be wearing masks into the future. This has meant that there have been many drugstore runs, Costco trips, and Amazon orders over the past year to find good disposable masks to wear. At first, I would only wear the light blue surgical masks because I figured it would all be temporary, and I didn’t want to invest much time into looking for better masks.

In February, I realized that even with the vaccine being available, I would still have to wear a mask, and it was time to invest in better masks with better colors. When I actually took the time to look, I hit the jackpot and found the masks I have been wearing ever since. Today, I thought I would share with you the masks I found and what makes them so perfect. 

After researching and scouring the internet, I landed on the DIOLV 50 Pcs Disposable Face Mask 3 Layer Protective Masks Black. I was really excited because I was specifically looking for black masks. After all, black goes with everything. I can wear these marks with any outfit, and since I wear a ton of black, these were just convenient. After looking at the reviews and reading the product information, I was sold. They took about two days to arrive with Amazon Prime, and when they came in, I was ecstatic. I tried one on, and I was instantly obsessed.

As someone who has a smaller face, finding masks that aren’t too loose on me has been a challenge, so, one of the reasons I love these specific masks is because they fit me perfectly. The color was exactly what I had been looking for, and because the masks went with everything, they soon became the only masks I wore. 

When I first started wearing them, my friends were either wearing light blue surgical masks or reusable masks that they had to put through the laundry every so often. My friends started noticing my black masks and would always ask me where I got them. It came to the point where I just started sending people the Amazon link every time they asked me.

When I came home for summer break, my mom saw them and immediately demanded that I order a box for the whole family, which they all now wear when they go out. I want to think that I started a trend, but honestly, I think it’s just that the people around me never cared enough to look for their own favorite masks. 

If you are looking to buy the black masks, they cost $15.90 for a pack of 50, which is a pretty good deal. The company also makes them in different colors like purple and grey, but they cost a little bit more. Overall, these were a great investment, and until the end of the pandemic, I will continue to wear them.

That’s all I have for now. Mask up, collegiettes!

Reese Bernstein is a senior at Penn State majoring in Psychology with a focus in business. She is from "right outside" of DC in Northern Virginia. Along with writing for Her Campus, Reese is a member of a sorority and occasionally goes to the gym when feeling motivated.