photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Thanksgiving As Told By Jersey Shore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

The holidays bring lots of things: food, family, friends and arguably most importantly, alcohol. Whether you’re pouring yourself a shot of tequila to take on your crazy racist aunt or to deal with seeing your high school ex-boyfriend at the bars over break, it’s understandable why holidays require booze. In New Jersey, we do holidays big and there’s no other perfect group of people to describe your Thanksgiving (that will probably end with you passed out on the couch with a piece of pumpkin pie upside down on your lap) than the cast of Jersey Shore:

1. When you get to your aunt’s house and you see the three handles of Tito’s she has on the counter.

2. When you’re trying to spice up the party before dinner but your family isn’t in the holiday spirit.

3. When your mom forces you to say hi to your weird cousin who hasn’t left his house in a year.

4. When your grandma refuses to turn the air conditioning up even though it’s 88 degrees. 

5. When your dad can tell that you’re on your third Smirnoff Ice and tells you to relax.

6. When the food is ready and you attack it like the pokey sticks you order every weekend after a night out.

7. When your aunt’s 35-year-old man friend tries to set you up with his son… again.

8. When your grandpa makes a comment about how Trump should build the wall.

9. When the Smirnoff Ice starts to wear off so you switch to hard liquor.

10. When you come back for Christmas/Hanukkah.

Stay safe this holiday season, collegiettes – and instead of drinking and driving, remember that the CABS ARE HERE!

Brittany Krugel is a student at Penn State. She is majoring in broadcast journalism in the College of Communications. She is a member of the Phi Mu Sorority at Penn State. She one day hopes to work for CNN or ABC as a broadcast journalist. When she's not tweeting about mac& cheese and Hillary Clinton, she enjoys netflix binges, listening to Kanye West, and going to Penn State Football games.
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.