Student Profile: Vanessa Cao

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Majoring in Neurobiology with a minor in Psychology, our profile this week hails from Lancaster, Pa. Vanessa has big plans for the future – learn more about our student profile and all she hopes to achieve! 

HC: What year are you and when do you plan on graduating?

VC: I am a sophomore by age, but academically I am technically a junior. I brought in enough credits from high school to allow me to graduate in three years.

HC: What do you plan on doing after graduation?

VC: Graduating early will allow me to take a year to do research or go straight into grad school or medical school. Career wise, I would either like to do research or become an OBGYN.

HC: What are you involved in outside of classes?

VC: I am the service coordinator of ServeState, a community service organization here on campus. In this role, I am responsible for planning and delegating service for over 100 members. This has allowed me to strengthen my communication skills and make connections with various organizations and businesses within the State College community.

HC: What’s your favorite kind of dog?

VC: I LOVE PUGS! I plan on retiring someday and spending my free time with my 7 rescued pugs.

HC: If you were a pair of pants who would you want to wear you and why?

VC: I would want Matthew Gray Gubler to wear me because he’s the most beautiful person to have graced the earth – especially with his presence as Dr. Spencer Reid on Criminal Minds.

Adrea is a senior at Penn State and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Business, Women's Studies, and International Studies. She also served as a Chapter Advisor for 8 international chapters during her time studying abroad in Florence, Italy. In addition to Her Campus, Adrea is a senior reporter for Penn State's student newspaper, The Daily Collegian, and a contributing writer for Thought Catalog. She is the social media intern for Penn State's Office of Strategic Communications. In the rare time that she's doing something other than writing, she's probably Googling pictures of pugs or consuming an excessive amount of caffeine. Follow her on Twitter: @adreacope