The Struggles of Having Back-to-Back Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As spring break is approaching, it is time to reminisce on our crazy schedules so far in the semester. Some are blessed with those breaks in between classes for relaxation, food, and (maybe) homework catch-up. However, for others who are a bit less fortunate, we’re running around trying to make it on time to our next class in the 15 minutes we get and thinking about everything we could eat in between. Here are 14 struggles with having back-to-back classes all day.

1. Packing food or snacks in your bag the night before

2. Finding short-cuts to get to class quicker

3. Timing ourselves to make sure we make the next class on time

4. Trying to be in sync with the CATA bus (and most of the time failing)

5. Sitting near the back or the very front of the class because all the good seats are taken

6. Carrying all your textbooks for the day because you don’t have time to go back to your room and get them

7. Being thankful for vending machines

8. Eating whenever you can

9. Not having any time to feel lazy about going to class (since you’re already on campus from other classes)

10. Envying the people you pass on the sidewalk who get to walk leisurely to their next class

11. Being ready to go to your next class five minutes before your current one is over

12. Having water bottles be your new best friends

13. Dreaming about what you’re going to eat when you get back to your room

14. Thinking about doing it all over again

Now don’t get me wrong, having back-to-back classes is a struggle. But I’m not begrudging it, and you shouldn’t either. We’re here to learn, and if we have to do so in a constrained manner, then so be it.

Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.