GRAPHIC FOR AN ARTICLE ABOUT DYING HAIR
GRAPHIC FOR AN ARTICLE ABOUT DYING HAIR
Allie Bausinger
Style

The Stages of Dyeing Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

At  least once in every girl’s life, they feel the urge to change up their hair. Whether it’s a new cut or a new color, something has to be done. If you have decided on trying a new color, you know that it is truly a process. It feels like a big commitment to dye your hair.

Here are the stages you’re going to go through. (I recently experienced all of these myself, you’re not alone)

You Want a Change

You might just be getting tired of what your hair looks like. The seasons might be changing and you want a new look to match. Maybe you’ve had a bad week and need to do something to take it out on. Either way, a change is coming and you know it.

You Go on Pinterest

Pinterest is a vacuum that can suck you in when looking for new hair colors. I tend to look there first when trying to find exactly what I want my hair to look like. There are literally hundreds of pictures so you will find something you like.

You Make the Appointment/Buy the Dye

This is the actual commitment stage. You know you’re actually doing it and going through with it. Here’s when I start to get excited because I know I have something to look forward to. If you’re box dying your hair, just be sure to read the directions and wear gloves. It’s frustrating when you try to do it yourself and still have to go to a professional anyway.

You Actually Go and Do It

You’re at the salon or you’re all set up with your box dye. Either way, the process has started and the new you is on her way.

You Enjoy A New Look!

It’s so fun and exciting to look in the mirror and you actually like what was done with your hair. Hopefully everyone actually does like how it turned out. You’re excited to go into work tomorrow and hear all the comments you’ll get on your fabulous new hair.

Allie Bausinger is a Penn State University graduate who majored in Print/Digital Journalism with a minor in English. She is from "outside Philadelphia," which in her case is Yardley, Pennsylvania. Allie is looking for full-time employment in writing, editing, fact-checking, podcasting, and other areas of the journalism and writing fields.