Spring Break Packing Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I know what you are all thinking, spring break is less than two weeks away and the idea of packing last summer’s wardrobe is causing distress. Don’t panic. Instead of agonizing over the short time frame, follow these tips and season updates to make packing less troublesome for your well-deserved spring break getaway. 

Pack Neons: Whether it is an accessory like this neon collar necklace or a neon swimsuit, you will be instantly ready with a splash of color.

Think Tribal: Tribal prints are still in this season and they are an easy way to spice up a simple outfit. Add a tribal cross-body bag to any outfit or go all out in a tribal print wrap dress like this Aqua one from Bloomingdales. Simply add nude heels and some bangles and you are ready for a night out on the town.

Whip
out those Wedges:
It doesn’t feel like summer until you put on a pair of sandals for the first time. Don’t leave behind a pair of wedges like these Steve Madden platform wedges. They are perfect for roaming downtown Cabo San Lucas before dinner and dancing.

Pretty Pleats: A high-waist pleated skirt in a pastel pink is perfect for a girly look. Wear it with other pastels or nude colored pieces to keep it extra sophisticated.

Bronze Skin and Standout Whites: What is more eye-catching than a white mini dress paired with a sun-kissed tan? If you can’t afford a new dress, look for a cheap oversized white tunic and wear it as a cover up. You can find one for about $12 at H&M.

Sun Bum Swimwear: It’s easy to find to-die-for swimsuits at Betsey Johnson and Trina Turk, but let’s be serious, you can find cute swimsuits at your nearest Target and Old Navy too. And if you’re looking to splurge, Victoria’s Secret swimwear is always an option also.

Fun Floppy Hats: Ok, you might not wear them at the Jersey Shore all summer, but it’s spring break. It’s okay to look extra glamorous on vacation. Check out this adorable straw floppy hat from Asos.

Sunglasses for Safety: Sunglasses not only look good, but also shield your eyes from harsh sunlight. They are a must. Whether they are from Forever 21, or designed by Marc Jacobs, just make sure they block UV light. This season all shapes are in from cat-eye, to round, to the classic aviator.

Colorblock Outfits: Colorblocking is huge this season so why not try out this new trend on vacation? This stunning colorblock dress from Nastygal is selling fast, so give it a try and start mixing and matching bright colors!

Don’t forget to pack Sunscreen: The most important thing to go in your suitcase in sunscreen. Never wear less than SPF 30 and remember to reapply it every few hours.

Good luck packing, ladies.