This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Year: Junior

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Hometown: Royersford, PA

Relationship Status: Single

HC: What is your dream career?

SR: My dream career would definitely be a backup on a professional sports team. As Alex Moran said best, “I have the easiest job on the football team.” You get the reputation of being a professional athlete but don’t need to put max effort into the profession, all while making copious amounts of money. Lol, jk. Being an astronaut for NASA would be the coolest job in the field. Throwback to my child years where space was the coolest thing ever.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

SR: In 10 years, I see myself living in a suburban, small town (kind of like State College), living comfortably with a roomy house, secure job, a wife (with kids to follow) and most importantly, a little golden retriever pup.

HC: What is your ideal date?

SR: My ideal date is probably the most traditional date but with a twist. I’d set out a day, and we’d do some extreme activities like ziplining or skydiving because the easiest way to really get to know someone is through fear bonding. Then if she passes the fear test, she gets the treat of a lifetime with a little Italian candle-lit dinner and after that, a drive-in movie to finish off the night.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

SR: In a girl, the biggest thing I look for is hygiene. If a girl can’t take of herself, how is she going to be able to take care of this relationship?! Also, an upbeat, funny personality is key. Humor is the way to the heart.

HC: What is something that turns you off about a girl?

SR: My biggest turn off is definitely yellow teeth and bad breathe. I just can’t talk to a girl if all I can focus on is how bad her breath is or how dirty her teeth are.

HC: If you had to choose one person to be stuck on an island with, who would it be?

SR: One person I would be stuck on an island with would be my best friend, my dad, a.k.a Poppa Ryberg. The guy can do and fix anything.

HC: What is your favorite part about Penn State?

SR: My favorite part of Penn State is 100% THON. No atmosphere ever measures up to the energy and positivity THON brings. I’ve met some of the most amazing people and some of my closest friends through this philanthropy and what in the world is better than giving others your time and effort? Shout out to my inspiration Ellen Degeneres for that.

HC: What is your favorite memory of your junior year thus far?

SR: My favorite memory of junior year thus far is meeting my Dancer Relations THON committee, Finding Marino, for the first time and experiencing Yellow Shirt Orientation with them. Shoutout fam.

Emily Chertow loves to create conversations and dialogue for her writing - to keep updated on what she is up to, follow her on social media @echertow. Reach out to her, she is always there to talk!
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.