A Senior’s Last Sylly Week As Told by Harry Potter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Those four years really flew by. With seven sylly weeks under our belt, it feels crazy that this is our last one. And as much as we love sylly week, this one definitely feels different than the rest. If you’re a senior, here’s how we all feel during our last sylly week, as told by Harry Potter:

1. Feeling old af

It’s not a good feeling. At all.

2. Realizing this is your last first day of school

3. Having no energy to deal with classes anymore

4. When someone younger asks you what your plans are after graduation

Don’t remind me, please

5. Seeing you have a friend in one of your classes

Now you can complain together!

6. Heading to the bars after the first day of classes is over

A much-needed refreshment

7. Waking up hungover every day

TBT to the good old days of freshman year, when you never got a hangover after drinking all night.

8. Reminiscing on freshman sylly week, when you knew nothing and made 50 new friends every day

And wishing you could go back to those days

9. Wondering where the last four years went

They really flew by, didn’t they?

10. When professors tell you you can’t slack off just because you’re a senior

That kind of interferes with my plans, though…

11. And then they assign work on the second day

Chill.

12. Overhearing freshmen talk about how drunk they’ve been getting

We’ve been there, we get it.

13. When it hits you you’ll never have another week like this again

14. But at least you had an amazing four years, and enjoyed every sylly week while you could

Becky Sorensen is a senior at Penn State, double majoring in Public Relations and Political Science. You can find her on campus with an iced coffee in one hand and an everything bagel in the other. Clear your schedule before asking her how she feels about the Harry Potter series, New York City, or about the next trip she’s planning - she tends to ramble. Loudly. You can follow her at @beckylalalaa on Twitter and @beckysorensen on Instagram for hilarious puns or her undying love for THON and Penn State football.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.