The Reality of Spring Break As Told By Forgetting Sarah Marshall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Spring break can bring many expectations, and while those five (hopefully) stress-free days draw near for us Penn Staters, so does the feeling of FOMO. Plans get canceled, vacations fall through and a lack of money really limits the possibilities. Well, I’m here to tell you that if your spring break is looking like it may consist of your bed, sweatpants and Netflix — you’re not alone. Here are some things that many of your average college students may say to themselves as that much-needed break comes and goes.

1. “I’m actually going to do something fun this year.”

2. “I can definitely afford this trip to Mexico.”

3. “This will be the best break by far.”

4. “It’s three days before break and I haven’t planned anything.”

5. “Maybe being home won’t be that bad after all.”

6. “I totally forgot how comfortable my bed was.”

7. “How are there only two days left before I have to go back?”

8. “I haven’t had human contact in seven days and I’m starting to act weird.”

9. “If I don’t go back to school, I won’t have to do any of my work.”

10. “It’s Sunday, and there are classes tomorrow.”

11. “There are only seven weeks left until summer! I should start planning a trip…”

Katie Johnston is a sophomore at Penn State University and is a writer for Her Campus at Penn State. She is double majoring in print and digital journalism and French. When she's not writing, she can be found eating her famous mac and cheese or watching sitcoms like Friends, New Girl and How I Met Your Mother. You can find her on Twitter or Instagram at @ktjohnston23.
Allie Maniglia served as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Penn State from 2017-2018. She majored in public relations with minors in international studies and communication arts and sciences. If she's not busy writing away, you can find her planning her next adventure (probably back to the U.K.), feeding an unhealthy addiction to HGTV or watching dog videos on YouTube.