This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As the year comes to a close, I always find myself looking back at old pictures and memories in my phone from the past year, as well as rereading my journal. It’s so interesting to take a tour through the “eras” of your life.

Though I don’t like to live in the past or reminisce too much over old pictures, it’s fun to look back and rank the months in your year. To avoid yapping about my life story, however, I will be ranking all 12 months here.

This ranking is based off of generalizations or recurring themes I’ve noticed in each respective month throughout my years. No shade to anyone’s birthday month.

Disclaimer: this ranking is coming from someone who lives on the east coast of the U.S.A. Any mention of weather and holidays is in accordance to that.

12. March

March is easily the most irrelevant month of the year. I can’t remember a single thing that has ever happened to me during any March, ever. However, I do appreciate St. Patricks Day, I think it’s a fun and whimsical holiday.

Hopefully, as a freshman here at Penn State, this year’s State Paddy’s celebration will change my mind.

11. April

Following up March is April. April is rainy, and teeters the line between cold and warm, which just gets annoying. Plus, April is always a stressful month in school, because you’re so close to the end but not quite there yet.

10. February

My favorite part about February is Valentine’s Day, because it makes my heart happy when I see random people out and about wearing pink and red. It’s a cute little holiday in an otherwise cold month.

February is just so cold, and the motivation of New Year’s Day has probably worn off. However, I will award it bonus points for being the only quirky month with 29 days.

9. January

It hurts to put January this low, because New Years Eve is my absolute favorite holiday, and without New Year’s Day it wouldn’t exist. So, thank you January for providing all of us a fresh start to a great new year.

January is a satisfying new beginning, but it almost stresses me out because I’m so set on starting off the year on the right foot. Especially this year, because January 1 falls on a Sunday (the ultimate Sunday reset).

The stakes are just too high. Plus it’s cold.

8. May

May is a beautiful month, and she’s done nothing to wrong me. I appreciate all the flowers that start to bloom and the beautiful weather.

On the east coast at least, May always has a great balance between being warm, but not sticky or bug-y yet.

7. August

This pains me because I love summer. However, August feels like the Sunday night before school. It’s the month that makes you realize how fast summer is slipping away.

I have great memories from all my Augusts though, and we got an amazing Taylor Swift song named after it.

6. NOVEMBER

Listen, I enjoy Thanksgiving just as much as anyone else, but November is usually freezing cold and stressful. Plus, the three weeks between fall and winter break are literally the worst three weeks of the school year, always.

5. September

Kicking off the top five, we have none other than September. I love the beginning of fall, because at this point in the year you just want to throw on a sweater and Uggs and immerse yourself in the autumn vibes.

The weather is still beautiful, but not overly hot. The excitement for a new school year is fresh, you can see the seasons changing all around you, you get to see the friends you missed over summer – the list goes on. It’s always a great month.

4. December

In fourth place we have none other than December, the jolliest month. December has New Year’s Eve (the best holiday), plus Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and all the other festive celebrations. Plus, Christmas music is always a vibe.

Although it’s freezing and I’m not meant for the cold, the overall jolly spirit and wholesome traditions of the month balance it out.

3. July

If I could tie July and December I would, but I’m slightly biased because I was born in July, and I love the warm weather. July has so many fun memories because it’s the peak of summer. It’s a huge vacation month, there’s no stress of school, you get a beautiful tan and so much more.

However, I acknowledge that July is always the month when everyone starts grinding in their summer job to make money before the school year, which usually makes socializing harder. Once again, I’m biased because as a lifeguard, my job is basically tanning.

2. OCtober

In second place is the spookiest month, October. Similar to December, the unique traditions of the month are always something to look forward to.

It’s the best month to take a scenic stroll outside, watch a scary movie with friends, wear a cute sweater and bundle up with a book.

Halloween is the second-best holiday in my opinion, and the fall vibes are always strongest in October. Plus, we all know the significance of Halloweekend.

1. June

And in first place is, drumroll please, June. June is always the happiest month of the year.

It’s gorgeous outside, but not sweaty and muggy, the excitement of summer is just setting in and it’s the perfect time for socializing. The weather and overall vibes in June are just unmatched.

I hope this article was able to help you reflect on your year and look forward to the next. Happy holidays!

Alicia is a first-year student who is so excited to be joining Her Campus @ PSU! She is majoring in broadcast journalism with a minor in digital media & analytics. Other than writing, Alicia loves all things fashion & beauty, painting, journaling, swimming, hanging out with her cats, and of course socializing. She thanks you for taking the time to read her articles!