Style > Fashion

Rachel Green Outfit Inspiration For Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you’re a “FRIENDS” fan like me or obsessed with Rachel Green played by Jennifer Anniston, then you know about her iconic outfits that helped shape 90s fashion trends and how they are still influencing some trends today.

I went back through some “FRIENDS” Thanksgiving episodes to see if her outfits could help give you some inspiration for your outfit selection process for Thanksgiving if you celebrate.

There’s some cute outfits, a sporty one if you like to play football on this holiday and some casual outfits. Embrace your inner Rachel and have fun with whatever you choose.

Get fancy with some lace

While the top isn’t my first choice, I do like the idea of a lacy blouse with some jewelry. I think that Rachel Green can pull off anything in this show, so I think this outfit suits her pretty well.

She wore black dress pants and some dark boots to pull it all together. Her hair wasn’t over-the-top which made it look more natural and comfortable. Her only jewelry was a long necklace and she also wore some thin bracelets.

I say go for this kind of look if you want to dress to impress for your family or friends. I feel like you could find a similar version of this blouse at American Eagle or Francesca’s.

basic sweater

What’s fall and Thanksgiving without a neutral colored sweater? Rachel wears a lot of these throughout the fall season in the show, but this was is my favorite because the color suits her well. Also, it looks comfy and flattering at the same time.

I love how the shoulders can be just barely exposed and how you can make it show off your figure nicely. It also looks like the type of sweater where you can hoist it up to make it look more loose and comfy.

This can be a simple outfit if you want it to be. I would pair the sweater with some jeans, knee-high boots and some basic gold jewelry.

Sporty, but cute

Do you play football with your family or watch the annual Thanksgiving football game on the holiday? If you’re looking for a way to dress up your sweatpants or sports shirt, then here you go.

I love how messy but cute this looks because you can put little to no effort into it. She threw her hair in some messy braids and put on a backwards hat with some black, drawstring sweatpants and a random top with some sneakers. It’s simple.

You can get a little dirty in the grass, then come back inside to eat some turkey and rolls.

White top with colored bottoms

This idea is where I got my Thanksgiving outfit inspiration from — I’m wearing a white top with a red plaid skirt from Francesca’s. I’m super excited to try and pull off this Rachel Green outfit because she does it so well and I think it stands out.

Even though it will likely be cold outside on Thanksgiving, since I live in Pennsylvania, it’s going to be hot inside my house because the oven will be on all day to bake the turkey, rolls, pumpkin pie, corn and so much more. I still want to look cute without sweating in my house. I also love the pinned up hair trend with some loose pieces around the face.

Please go watch a Thanksgiving “FRIENDS” episode if you want more inspiration for your outfit this year. There’s an episode from every season, so you have 10 different outfits to choose from if you want to dress like Rachel Green.

I am a senior at Penn State University majoring in digital and print journalism with a minor in digital media trends and analytics.