etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Quiz: Are You Ready For Spring?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There are people who love winter. They love the snow, the cold, hot chocolate and snowflakes. That’s all well and good, but personally, every time we step outside to go to class, we have this irrational fear of dying of hypothermia before the day is done. Winter is a beautiful season, but we’re just so ready for spring to come around already. Are you?

1. Have you become fed up with waking up cold and not wanting to get out of bed even though you know you need to get to class?

2. Are you tired of having to spend an extra couple of minutes putting on extra clothing/reinforcement in the morning?

3. Are you tired of taking off and putting on your coat, gloves and beanies before and after classes?

4. Are you tired of accidentally getting zapped because of all the friction you’re generating?

5. Are you missing being able to stand outside (just stand and enjoy the sun without shivering or having the wind whip your hair into your face)?

6. Are you sick of the constant fear of slipping on ice in front of buildings?

7. Are you sick of the snow already?

8. Are you tired of the weather dictating whether or not you walk to the commons to eat dinner versus using OrderUp?

9. Are you constantly feeling conflicted between ordering a hot beverage because it’s cold versus the cold drink you actually want?

10. Are you sick of waking up for a morning class and thinking it’s still night because it’s so dark out?

11. Are your missing the sight of colors and flowers outside?

12. Are you tired of having to warm up the car before you go anywhere?

13. Are you overhearing coughs, sneezing and sniffling all throughout lectures because everyone’s sick?

14. Are you sick of constantly having dry skin and chapped lips?

15. We all love the movie Frozen, but are you tired of hearing people singing, “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” and “Let It Go,” every time it snows?

16. Are you already looking forward to Spring Break?

If you answered yes to eight or more of these questions, then you’re ready for the next season. In fact, you’re already buying more shorts and rompers to sport once spring finally does roll around! We’re proud of you for your enthusiasm. Spring will be here before we know it!

Until then, stay safe, stay warm, and stay strong, collegiettes!

Photo credit: 1

Aisha is currently a senior at Penn State University, studying Telecommunications in the Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State and her hobbies are reading, listening to music, and watching hockey. Originally hailing from Jakarta, Indonesia, her dream for the future is to someday be part of the book publishing industry, digital marketing or work on a media team for a sports team. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.