This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

As I dug through my jam-packed, grass green notebook one morning last week, papers flying everywhere, I never thought anything of it.  This notebook has been used to house the many, many degree audits, along with other notes and related papers that I have acquired in the past four years.  Needless to say, there are a lot of papers.  The newest addition came the second week of classes and it read “College of Communications Senior Check-Out: Spring 2015 Graduation.”  That headline didn’t faze me.  Nothing did, until I realized that I just sorted through that notebook for the last time and was about to schedule my final semester of college. 

It’s all finally kicking in that this time next year, I will no longer be sitting in my cozy little Happy Valley townhouse writing, editing, and studying my heart out.  Instead, I will be out on my own with a career and whatever else life has in store for me.  To say the least, it’s bittersweet.  Yes, becoming an adult with a career is what the point of college is, right?  But at the same time, Happy Valley and PSU gave me the experience and memories of a lifetime that I will never forget.

Everyone always tells you that these are the best years of your life and to cherish them because they fly by.  Naturally, like many others, I didn’t quite believe that it goes that quickly.  I mean, we’re talking 120 weeks of classes, not including summer.  That’s a lot of weeks if you ask me… Well, take it from me and believe them. Cherish your time every day, down to every single second.  Work hard, but have fun, too.  Before you know it, you’ll be scheduling your last semester, too.  WE ARE… forever and always… PENN STATE!

Kearsten is a proud Penn State alumna.  She received her B.A. in journalism in May 2015.  During her time at Penn State, she loved editing the work of her fellow writers through her position as the Vice President and Head Editor for Her Campus Penn State.  As far as post-grad life goes... as long as she can write or edit, she is happy!   
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.