This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

TikTok is the app for everything nowadays. You can find recipes, dance, workouts, mental health tips, and even random, amazing, coupon codes on. TikTok especially emphasizes music, and does so wonderfully through basically curating the need-to-know songs of the moment. Below are ten of the TikTok songs you need to hear!

Kiss Me More by Doja Cat ft. SZA

This song was just recently released and already has gained major popularity on the app. It already has two TikTok trends associated with it, and it is no wonder since the song features two amazing singers on this upbeat and summery track.

Twerkulator by City Girls

This sassy and fun song is the perfect song to dance along to with your friends. Even better, there is already a dance to it, sweeping the TikTok stratosphere. This isn’t the first time a City Girls song has gone viral on the app either, you’ll probably also recognize “Act Up” and “Pussy Talk”.

The Adults Are Talking by The Strokes

This one is one of my favorites. The Strokes are a classic rock band who debuted in 2001. They released their album, “The New Abnormal”, April of 2020, and they’re receiving their due popularity for it with this viral song.

Heartbreak Anniversary by Giveon

Giveon is an up and coming artist. This soulful song is so effortlessly pretty and like any other popular TikTok song, has a captivating dance along with it. You can also now catch Giveon featured on Peaches with everyone’s favorite, Justin Bieber.

Mr. Perfectly Fine by Taylor Swift

By far, my favorite new release is Mr. Perfectly Fine. Once again, Taylor Swift’s carefully crafted lyrics enchant the audience and make us all wish for not so many pleasant things on “Mr. Casually Cruel”.

Deja Vu by Olivia Rodrigo

The lyrical child of Taylor Swift did not disappoint with her new song. After her release of “Driver’s License”, it wasn’t clear if she’d be a one-hit wonder but clearly she is not. She’s super clever too, listen for “I love you” between the second verse and the second chorus!

Cloud 9 by Beach Bunny

One of my favorite happy and wholesome trends right now uses this song. If you have ever loved anyone, you can find a reason to love this song. I mean that especially now since Beach Bunny just released a new version of the song featuring, he/him, she/her, and they/them pronouns.

When He Sees Me by Kimiko Glenn

This song was the soundtrack for my April. It helped me live out all of my broadway dreams while I tried to keep up with Kimiko Glenn’s beautiful voice. Waitress will truly never go out of style.

Iris by the GooGoo Dolls

It’s always comforting hearing a timeless song make its rounds again. I really would give up forever, but it would be to touch this song. Who doesn’t love being reminded of simpler times?

Levitating by Dua Lipa

And of course, the song of the summer that has been extremely popular recently, “Levitating” really needs no introduction. Thank you Dua Lipa and Da Baby!

What’s your favorite song on TikTok right now?

I am currently a Junior at Penn State studying Biobehavioral Health. Besides school and writing for Her Campus, I love all kinds of music and am currently learning to play the ukulele! In my free time, I love to play with my dogs as well as watch my favorite shows, New Girl and Glee.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.