emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
emma matthews digital content production rG00RzNTRhc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Perfect Gifts for Each Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Zodiac signs can really tell you a lot about a person, including what they want for the holidays. If you’re still struggling to find the perfect gift, here are some ideas perfect for your loved ones.

Aries (March 21- April 19)

The Aries in your life will love anything colorful, fun, or exciting. Jewelry is always a great idea for an Aries, but remember the more glitz and glam, the better! They also tend to be very active and impulsive, so some new cute athletic wear or athleisure wear is also a gift they will love. A gift to avoid would be a Starbucks gift card. They’re already super energetic, more caffeine would not be a pretty sight.

Taurus (April 20- May 20)

Tauruses are very down-to-earth and enjoy spoiling their loved ones. As much as they like spoiling others, they too like to be spoiled. Tauruses love luxury. This could be anything like a nice handbag, perfume, or even some fine chocolate. Don’t give a Taurus something without thought. They will definitely be able to tell.

Gemini (May 21- June 21)

Geminis tend to be pretty complex and have very diverse interests. This makes it so hard shopping for them because they’re always changing their minds and developing new interests. A themed gift basket is a safe bet for a Gemini. A basket with new makeup to try, snacks to eat, or books to read will be perfect. Don’t give a Gemini anything they can’t return. They might love their gift when they receive it, then hate it the next day.

Cancer (June 22- July 22)

The Cancer you’re shopping for is probably the sappiest person you know. By far, the best gift you can give them is a sentimental DIY. Something like a photo album or collage of the two of you. A gift I’ve given before is a jar full of reasons you love them or inside jokes. You don’t have to break the bank to please a Cancer. Pass on giving a Cancer any type of room decor. They’re super particular about how they want their space to look.

Leo (July 22- August 23)

Leos love to be the center of attention. In this case, the flashier the better. Clothes and makeup are pretty fool-proof gifts for Leos. Another cool option is a nice pair of sunglasses; this will let them live out their incognito celebrity dreams. They would also love any pampering products like face masks, bath bombs, lotions, etc. Avoid giving Leos anything too practical, like socks. They’re going to want something more exciting.

Virgo (August 23- September 22)

The Virgo in your life loves to stay organized and practical. Basic and classic clothing pieces are always a great idea for them. Even gifting items that are regularly on their grocery list would make a gift they’ll appreciate. Stay away from buying them skincare products. Messing with their routine could end disastrously.

Libra (September 23- October 23)

Libras are all about balance. Think of this when buying them a gift. If you’re buying anything clothing related find pieces that walk the line between beauty and comfort. Libras are very social creatures, yet tend to put themselves last. Treating your Libra to an experience type gift, like a concert or a play you can attend together, is perfect for them. Don’t give a Libra a strongly scented perfume. A perfume that is too fragrant will make them super self-conscious and distract them all day. 

Scorpio (October 24- November 21)

Whatever you choose to give to your Scorpio, be sure to wrap it very well. Scorpios are known to be deep and mysterious. The mystery of what’s inside the box is half the appeal for them. A simple gift for a Scorpio is cash. It’s always the right size and color. Scorpios have no problem finding the perfect gift for themselves. A mystery or crime novel is also a great pick. They will love spending some time by themselves to get immersed in an intense book. Journals are great for Scorpios too. They tend to have lots of feelings, so that will be a great place for them to vent. I wouldn’t suggest getting a Scorpio a gift that requires maintenance like flowers; they simply won’t have the time for that.

Sagittarius (November 22- December 21)

The Sagittarius in your life loves adventures and being active. Tickets to a sporting event or even a t-shirt with their favorite team will go a long way. Another fun gift idea for your Sagittarius is planning an adventure for the two of you. Try planning a day to go on a hike or take a trip to the city. Don’t get them anything potentially dangerous like a tool kid. Sagittarii are very accident prone and might accidentally get hurt.

Capricorn (December 22- January 19)

Capricorns are very practical and minimalist. Do not go overboard trying to find the perfect gift for them. If you can find something for them ethically sourced or naturally made that’s preferred. Simplicity is key. Even a really cozy pair of sweatpants or slippers they will love. Don’t buy a Capricorn cheap jewelry. You’re better off buying the real deal than something fake.

Aquarius (January 20- February 18)

Aquarius is known as the oddball of the zodiac. They are also incredibly smart. A techy gift is an amazing one for an Aquarius. If the Aquarius you’re shopping for likes to collect something, adding to their collection is also a gift they will love. Stray from buying an Aquarius something like scrunchies. That’s too basic for them.

Pisces (February 19- March 20)

Pisces are very in tune with all their senses. If you’ve ever seen those five senses gifts on Pinterest, those are perfect. Basically, this gift consists of five mini gifts, one gift for each of the senses. Give them something they can see, like a cute photo of the two of you, something they can smell like a holiday scented candle, something they can hear, like a cute pair of headphones, something they can touch, like a cozy blanket, and something they can taste, like their favorite food. This gift is perfect for a Pisces because not only is it a thoughtful gift, but it is an entire experience. Pass on buying them anything matchy, like a pajama set, they like to mix it up.

To find the best gift can be a major challenge that requires help from more than just the stars. However, understanding their personalities can be a great starting off point. Wishing you all the best of luck shopping; and happy holidays, Penn Staters!

Jackie Maese is a senior at Penn State majoring in Telecommunications and Theater Studies. If she's not writing at her laptop, you can probably find her cooking up a masterpiece, petting a dog, or eating a New Jersey bagel.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.