This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Year: Sophomore

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Haddon Township, NJ

Relationship Status: Single

HC: What is your position, and what is your favorite part about being on the club baseball team?

PB: I am a starting pitcher and first baseman. I have been on the team since freshman year, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. I love that I get to play the sport that I love with my best friends. By far, my favorite memories were during the spring training trips over spring break to Tampa and Miami Beach.

HC: How long have you been playing baseball, and what made you continue in college?

PB: I have been playing baseball since I was about six years old. Baseball came naturally to me, and I took interest in playing at an early age. I love the mental aspect of the game, which many people don’t enjoy. There’s also nothing like a baseball game under the lights on a summer night – doesn’t get much better than that.

HC: You recently joined Delta Sigma Pi. Why did you decide to join a business fraternity?

PB: Many of my friends are brothers of Delta Sigma Pi, and they really encouraged me to join and pledge this semester. I joined to better myself personally, professionally, and also have some good times with all of the brothers.

HC: Do you hold a position in Delta Sigma Pi, and if so, what is it?

PB: I am currently the Alpha Pledge Class Social Chair. I hope to run for more positions within the fraternity soon.

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words:

PB: Athletic, funny, caring.

HC: What is your idea of the perfect date?

PB: My idea of a perfect date would be dinner and a movie – something simple like that. I really like to cook, so I would definitely cook dinner and dessert, and then we’d go watch a movie. I think going out to a nice dinner is a good time, but doing something simple is a great way to really get to know someone.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

PB: I look for a girl who is fun to be around, easy to talk to, athletic, confident and, to be honest, I’m a sucker for a girl with great eyes and a great smile.

HC: What is something not a lot of people know about you?

PB: A lot of people don’t know that I am a big fan of Frank Sinatra.

HC: What is the theme song of your life?

PB: Definitely “Can’t Stop” by the Red Hot Chili Peppers – always a great summer song to blast while driving with the windows down.

HC: Name something that is on your Penn State Bucket List:

PB: Shotgun a beer in 100 Thomas with all my friends.

HC: If you were a zoo animal, which would you be and why?

PB: Panda bear for sure. They are one of my favorite animals, and who doesn’t want to cuddle with a panda bear?  ;)

HC: What is your go-to pick-up line?

PB: I don’t have a favorite, but I usually like the really corny ones.

HC: What is something that everyone makes fun of you for?

PB: One time, at our baseball formal, I fell down the stairs and ripped my suit pants. Unfortunately, I have never lived that down with my friends.

HC: What is a hidden talent that you have?

PB: I can play the drums.

HC: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten and who was it from?

PB: The best piece of advice I have ever gotten was from my dad. He has always taught me from a young age that if you are going to do something, commit to it and give it 100%. He would always say, “If at the end of the day you can look at yourself in the mirror and say that you gave it your everything, then that’s all anyone can ask of you.” That really stuck with me because it is applicable to almost everything whether it be school, baseball or even relationships.

HC: If you had to pick one song to sing karaoke to, what would it be?

PB: Probably “What I Can’t Put Down” by Jon Pardi. I’m not a country freak, but singing late-night country at a party on the baseball porch is always a good time.

HC: What is your favorite chick flick?

PB: Favorite chick flick would probably be “Friends with Benefits” because it’s actually pretty funny, and Mila Kunis is in it…I think that’s all that needs to be said.

HC: What is your most embarrassing childhood story?

PB: One time during an elementary concert, I began singing before everyone else. It took me about 30 seconds to realize that I was the only one singing. The crowd thought it was a solo so they all applauded, but they soon realized that I had just started early. That was the end of my singing career.

HC: What was your favorite childhood TV show?

PB: I loved Rocket Power when I was little. I used to think I could be like Otto and do all of the cool skateboard and surfing tricks.

HC: Would you consider yourself an extrovert or an introvert?

PB: I would definitely consider myself an extrovert. 

Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English. 
Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.