One of a KIND Speaker Visits Penn State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

If you’ve ever browsed through the checkout line of your local grocery store, attended any Color Run event or are a living, breathing, human being, you’re probably familiar with KIND Healthy Snacks. This revolutionary company was built on the idea that snacks should be both healthy and tasty.  KIND has demonstrated this through the creation of wholesome products and has enjoyed enormous success since their launch in 2004.  We’d like to think that a small part of this success could be attributed to one of our very own – Meghan Kelleher.

Kelleher is a 2008 Penn State graduate from the College of Communications who has spent the last 6 years acquiring experience in a variety of communications-related fields including public relations, marketing and event planning. She is even certified in nutrition through the Ketchum Nutrition Certification Program. If that’s not enough, Kelleher now works as the Communications Manager at KIND Healthy Snacks.

On behalf of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), Kelleher will be speaking this Tuesday, December 2nd at 7 p.m. in 262 Willard. She will be sharing career advice as well as her professional experiences in corporate communications and nutrition.

Whether you like KIND snacks or not (but if you don’t, we think you’re a little crazy), it’s safe to say there’s a thing or two you could learn from Kelleher. This is one speaker you don’t want to miss. See you there, collegiettes!

Rachael David is currently a senior at Penn State University and serves as the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Penn State. She is majoring in public relations and minoring in psychology. Her love of creative writing and all things Penn State is what inspired her to become a member of the HC team in the fall of 2013. Her background experience includes working for the Undergraduate Admissions Office at Penn State as a social media intern in the spring of 2014 and is currently working as a social media intern for an internet marketing company in Harrisburg called WebpageFX. This past summer she also served as a PR intern for Tierney Communications. Rachael enjoys anything media related especially catching up on her favorite shows, including Saturday Night Live and any show on Food Network. She has a passion for food but also loves being active and spending her free time running or hiking. She hopes to gain more experience in all aspects of the media industry during college and plans on pursuing a career writing for a life & style publication in the future.