The Next Chapter: Final Words From Our Seniors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Rachel Lytle, Campus Correspondent

We all come from different places. In my case, I welcomed Penn State  with open arms four years ago from a small town in Maryland. Since then, I’ve been to seven other countries, made countless mistakes on top of countless achievments, and created memories that I already know will be some of best no matter how long I live. I’ve even gotten better at subtle things, like traveling by myself (trust me, being directionally challegened isn’t easy), cooking, and public speaking. I think what I’m trying to say is, I grew up. Penn State taught me how to have too much fun, how to be smart, and how to love every moment at this cold, caotic, beautiful campus.To the underclassman: let your friends convince you to go out, wake up at 8 a.m. to tailgate, buy that slice of Canyon pizza, and work harder than you ever thought possible to nail that internship. Leave a legacy while you can, and always be proud of who we are.

Kathy Kozak, PR/ Social Media Manager

It is almost impossible to try and put what my time here at Penn State has meant to me into words. This is a place that boasts its size, but somehow still can feel so warm and cozy. It is a place that I have been able to call home for these past four years and within this community are my very best friends and some of the most intelligent and enlightening professors and people that I have ever met. My biggest advice to anyone who has more time here is most definitely to make every single moment count. Go out as much as you can, but also cherish the nights you spent cuddled up with your girlfriends watching movies. Devote as much time as you can to creating strong, life-long relationships. Yes, grades do matter, but what will matter most to you in the end is the lasting impact that you have left both on the people that you have surrounded yourself with and the university itself.

Born and raised by two Nittany Lions, Rachel continued the tradition by attending Penn State University in the fall of 2009. Currently a senior journalism major, Rachel also spends her time minoring in both psychology and Spanish. During her sophomore year she wrote for the Greek newspaper at Penn State as a member of Alpha Xi Delta, followed by joining the Her Campus team as a writer and the Public Relations/Social Media Manager in the fall of her junior year. In search of mastering the Spanish language, Rachel indulged herself in the country of Spain for five months while she studied abroad in the city of Alicante during the spring of 2012. In order to keep her English up to par, Rachel blogged about her experiences for both her personal account and Her Campus at Penn State. With a love for shoes, smiles, and a good bowl of mac and cheese, this social media fiend never leaves her twitter by its lonesome. Follow Rachel @hayhayitsrayray as she pursues her dream as an aspiring magazine editor and world traveler.