When we think of New Year’s Eve, we like to picture sparkle and glitter everywhere! A time to celebrate the New Year and feel fabulous while doing it. But the huge question every year is… what are you going to wear? Not to worry stylistas, here are some helpful hints to help glam up your New Year’s ensemble:
1. Dress or Romper: A sparkly dress is a statement that you will definitely want to make if you’re going out or to a more formal party. I say, the more glitter and sequins, the better! Not to mention how fabulous you will look sparkling in the lights of the party. Everyone will want to know where you got your outfit, ensuring you are the talk of the party as the New Year rolls on in.
2. Skirt: A sparkly skirt is super easy to tie into any outfit. If you have a solid, neutral top like black or blue, what is better than a statement skirt? Skirts can be dressed up or down, depending on what your evening is looking like, so they’re perfect for every collegiette. Pair the sparkly skirt with a headband and heels for a more Blair Waldorf kind of holiday or a flowy shirt and boots for a casual, yet sophisticated look.
3. Shirt: Shirts like these are cute when you want to dress up a little, but you’re in for a casual night of fun. Pair these with some black leggings and a sparkly bow or some bright red lipstick and you’re set for a casual, yet flirty and fun night!
4. Shorts or Pants: Don’t like skirts? Wear pants! These pants are so fab, I don’t know why you wouldn’t want to. These scream Ke$sha, so if you’re looking to take a walk on the wild side, these are for you!
5. SHOES!!!: These are my personal favorite. I wear sparkly shoes all year long because, well, why wouldn’t you?! Glittery and sparkly shoes are so girly and add a dazzling touch to my outfit, so they’re PERFECT for New Year’s Eve celebrations.
6. Accessories: With any outfit, it is not complete without a few (or many…) accessories and a statement-making nail polish – bows, bags, headbands galore! Essentially, all you need is anything that has a little shine to it that will add some pizzazz to your outfit. This lets you complete your look. If you want even more, try your hand at some sparkly eyeliner and eye shadow!
So if you haven’t caught on to the theme quite yet, sparkly is the way to go this New Year’s Eve! So grab your girlfriends, and run out to the mall so you can sparkle and shine this New Year’s Eve. As my favorite show would say…
“We’ll see you next time, from another island up north. Until then, you know you love me”
XOXO, HC Penn State