My Top 5 Bucket List Vacation Locations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Growing up, my family vacations were mostly at the same spots. My parents are big Disney fans, so I grew up vacationing mainly at Disney. For summers we didn’t go to Disney, we went to the Jersey Shore.

While I’m very thankful for all of those wonderful Disney trips, since that’s a very sought-after vacation for a lot of people, but when people ask where I’ve been, I don’t have many places to tell them since 90% of my childhood vacations were to the same place.

I am very indecisive so I don’t have specific cities picked because I just want to go to them all. So, these are the top five countries that I want to go on vacation to.

england

I’m just going to start this one off by admitting that I am the biggest One Direction fan that I know, so of course if four out of the five of them are from England that means I have to visit, right?

I must admit, I think England is kind of a basic and boring answer for the number one spot on my vacation bucket list because there are so many cooler places in the world.

Yet, I feel like it’s kind of a staple. It seems like everyone who travels the world has been to England, specifically London, so it feels like a right of passage.

ICELAND

Ever since I was little, I have dreamed of seeing the northern lights in person, and Iceland is one of the best locations to accomplish that goal. Not only can I see northern lights but the landscape is also stunning.

Iceland is full of so many mountains, lakes, waterfalls and more, so I feel like no matter where I went in Iceland I would just be in awe.

I always wanted to visit a hot spring or lagoon at some point in my life. Iceland is home to The Blue Lagoon, which is a very famous hot spring that you’ve probably seen pictures or videos of on Instagram or TikTok.

The Blue Lagoon also features different swim-up bars where you can get drinks or you can get a three-step face and body mask. Both are a yes from me.

@marissadaily_

Visiting the Blue Lagoon is a thing of dreams! 🫶🏽✨ The water is JUST as milky-blue as the photos, and just as relaxing and transformational as one would imagine. 😌 The geothermal spa is perched in an 800-year-old lava field on the Reykjanes Peninsula in southwest Iceland. 📍#bluelagooniceland #bluelagoon #icelandtips #icelandtravel #solofemaletraveler

♬ bad habit – wu ★
THE CARIBBEAN

I don’t even care which Caribbean island it is I just want to go sit on a beach and not be bothered. The whiter the sand and clearer the water, the better.

MOROCCO

In my opinion, Morocco is home to some of the most beautiful architecture and culture. Part of the Sahara desert is located in Morocco and I’ve seen excursions where people go quad biking or ride camels on the dunes, which seems like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

AUSTRALIA

Now Australia is at the bottom of my list solely because I am not a fan of flying. A flight from Philadelphia to Sydney is about 24 hours, so that is quite literally my worst nightmare.

Australia is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef also seems like an amazing experience.

Australia has some of the coolest (and scariest) wildlife in the world. While I wouldn’t be happy to run into the huge spiders they have, I would be more than happy to go on a safari ride and take a tour of the Outback.

I’ll never say never because maybe I’ll get over my fear of flying and end up with the courage to get myself to Australia one day. For now, it’ll stay on my bucket list.

Exploring the world is such a beautiful thing for anyone to experience, no matter if you’re hiking in your hometown or flying around the world, make sure you appreciate it!

Caroline is a third-year student at Penn State studying digital and print journalism with a minor in digital media trends and analytics. When she is not doing school work or writing for HER Campus @ PSU, she is at the gym, watching YouTube, cooking/ baking, or hanging out with friends.