My Top 10 Favorite Zach Bryan Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Country music is a controversial genre, either you love it or hate it. There is rarely an in between. I fall in the former category, and one of my absolute favorite country singers is Zach Bryan (as you might have guessed).

Bryan recently released his self-titled fourth album. The 54 minute album contains 16 (amazing) songs and features four musical guests. The album has done very well, in fact, “Zach Bryan” spent two consecutive weeks on top of the Billboard 200, and is still currently ranked in the top 5, according to Billboard.

Bryan recently earned his first number one chart topping song with “I Remember Everything,” featuring musical guest Kacey Musgraves.

In honor of Bryan’s success, I sought to rank 10 of my personal favorite Zach Bryan songs. This feat was much more difficult than I originally thought, as Bryan has a seemingly endless repertoire of beautiful songs. However, I tried.

Without further ado, here are my top 10 favorite Zach Bryan songs:

“SOMETHING IN THE ORANGE- Z&E VERSION”

One of Bryan’s better known songs, “Something in the Orange- Z&E Version” is the first song of his I ever listened to, so it holds a sentimental value to me. It is with this song that my sister introduced me to the wonder that is Bryan’s lyrics and voice.

So, there is no doubt for me that this song deserves a spot in my top 10.

“Mine again”

“Mine Again” is an amazing song with a beautiful beat. It summons those bittersweet feelings of growing up and moving on. This gorgeous song evokes feelings of nostalgia for the people you knew growing up who you drifted apart from, only to get the beautiful gift of learning who they became.

“Oklahoma SMOKESHOW”

This song by Bryan is another one that holds sentimental value to me. I first heard it on my first trip to California to visit my brother. I still remember driving down the five at sundown with my brother and sister with the windows down.

The song is as beautiful to me in Pennsylvania now, as it was to me on that California highway many months ago.

“OPEN THE GATE”

This song is one I think everyone can relate to in one way or another. Especially as college students, we all set out with something to prove, whether it be to our parents, to ourselves, or even to the world. “Open the Gate” encapsulates the feeling of racing against an invisible clock to be better than those who came before us.

“god Speed- live’

Bryan’s talent is a unique one, as his vocals sound just as good live as it sounds on his albums. Though this song has a happy beat, it usually leaves me with feelings of melancholy. As Bryan lists the things he wants in life, it’s hard not to ponder your own desires for your life.

However, the song always reminds me my life isn’t always in my hands, and sometimes there are other people who know what’s best for me at times, even though it can be hard to trust in it sometimes.

“El dorado”

A recently released song from his self titled album, “El Dorado” is a song full of awe and sadness to me. It reminds me of the beautiful people and things you encounter throughout your life, yet those beautiful things are not always able to be kept. It’s a very bittersweet tune, and very well written.

“I Remember Everything (feat. Kacey Musgraves)”

There is a reason this song earned Bryan his first number-one on the Billboard Hot 100. It is truly a gorgeous song about needing to let go of something, yet struggling to. Change is hard, and letting people go is harder as Bryan and Musgraves beautifully demonstrate.

“From a Lover’s point of view”

This song can be hard to listen to at times. The tear-jerking song reminds you that there are only certain people in life who will be there through the ugly and that even though they can’t get you out of it, they can be there to hold your hand through the climb.

“Smaller Acts”

“Smaller Acts” is one of my favorite romantic ballads written by Bryan. His heartbreakingly kind lyrics along with his beautifully raw voice make this song hard to not play on repeat.

“Dawns (feat. Maggie Rogers)”

Though this is the last song on this list, it is without a doubt my favorite of his and one of my all-time favorite songs.

The lyrics in this song are just so raw, honest, and heartbreaking. When this song first came out, I would play it on repeat while walking around the then-cold and snowy campus. I still play it on repeat, and even though the weather is subsequently warmer, it still feels the same as it did back then.

Bryan’s music is truly a gift, I hope you enjoy listening to his songs as much as I do. Happy Listening!

Chelsea Nakhleh is a sophomore at Penn State University studying digital print journalism.