This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I’ve been a Selena Gomez fan for as long as I can remember. Yes, I’m talking about the good old “Barney” days. So, when she announced her makeup line, I was obviously stoked to try it. Now, I’m no makeup expert, but I do love makeup and wear it very often.

That being said, here are my thoughts about what products I think are worth splurging on from her line: 

Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation ($29)

I know what you might be thinking — shouldn’t primer come first? Well, as someone with oily skin, I decided to skip her primer, as it claims to be luminizing — and I don’t want to look any shinier than I already do naturally.

Right off that bat, I could tell that this foundation was very runny, which means that it is very lightweight. Also, although it claims to have medium-to-full coverage, I don’t think it does. I would say it has more light-to-medium coverage, as it is very buildable, but it doesn’t quite reach its full-coverage claim. 

However, I actually quite like this. I don’t love full coverage since it tends to look too cakey on me. So, If you’re looking for a foundation that looks very natural and doesn’t feel heavy, I would 100% recommend this one. 

Soft Pinch Liquid Blush ($20)

Oh. My. God. That’s all I have to say. Listen, if there’s one product from Selena’s line that you need, it’s the blush. I bought the shade “Joy” since I am more into coral shades for blush. I have to say that I’m completely obsessed with the formula of this product! 

I’m completely new to liquid blush, and although it was intimidating at first, this product is a game-changer and a new staple in my makeup routine. If you were thinking of buying it but weren’t too sure, I’d highly suggest you go buy it. It’s completely worth the hype! 

Just one suggestion: beware of how much you use! A little of this product goes a long way. Don’t make the same mistake I did the first time I wore it (I looked like a clown, but I’ve learned from my mistake)! 

Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight ($22)

Honestly, I’ve never been into highlighters. I never got the hype. Why would I want to look like a greased doughnut when I’m already oily? Well, let me tell you how I was wrong for so long. 

Highlight, when used correctly, can make even the oiliest of people look glowy, without looking greasy! The key is to set your foundation with powder before going in with the highlight and then using a good, mattifying setting spray to avoid looking like an oily mess. 

This highlight is perfect for those with oily skin, as it isn’t too blinding — it makes you look like you’re glowing from within. You’ll be naturally radiant instead of glittery. If you love a more natural look, you’ll absolutely love this product. 

Brow Harmony Pencil & Gel ($22) 

There’s nothing that I love more than a sntached brow. Not only can great eyebrows shape your face, but they are one of the first things people see when they look at you. So, when I saw that the line had an eyebrow person, I went ahead and bought it.

Just like the blush, this product goes a long way. The pencil is so creamy, that you barely have to touch your eyebrows at all! And I’m not exaggerating. It also comes with an eyebrow gel on the opposite site of the pencil, which is great, as you get both products for the price of one. Who doesn’t love a great deal? 

But, should you go ahead and buy it? I’d say if you’re on the market for a new brow pencil, sure, why not? But, otherwise, I think it’s average and my $3 Elf brow pencil worked just as well.

With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm ($16) 

Last but certainly not least, I tried the tinted lip balm. As a lover of a good brown lip, I got the shade “Thankful,” which is a mauvey light-brown. In my opinion, it feels like a lip balm, but it is as pigmented as a lipstick, which is great for people who hate the feeling of lipstick — like me.

It also comes in a lot of shades, even a clear one (which, IMO, is not worth it, as you could get cheaper clear lip balms). This is a product that I love, especially as cooler weather is approaching and my lips start to get dry. Overall, I completely recommend the colored lip balms and think they have a great and very pigmented formula!

I’m a current junior majoring in Journalism and French at Penn State. My dream is to work in publishing after college and go to law school to study corporate law. 
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.