My Love Hate Relationship With TV Pilot Episodes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.
Love: Introduction into a “New World” 

If the show is set in a scientific world, I love becoming engaged in a new setting where anything imaginable is possible.

Love: Starting a New Show

There is no better feeling than watching the first episode of a new show and knowing that you are going to be obsessed.

Hate: There isn’t really any plot

It can be one of those episodes, depending on the tv show, where not much really happens.

Hate: They are the cheapest episodes 

Some tv shows have terrible first episodes, like Gossip Girl and the Office. But, if you see potential, you have to suffer through the pilot and maybe even for a whole season just to get to the good episodes.

Love: There are happy memories that coincide with pilot episodes

When you rewatch a tv show, especially if you watched the show for a long period of time, it brings back the emotions of the whole show that have made you love it so dearly. 

Junior, Film major and Women's Studies minor
Allie Bausinger is a Penn State University graduate who majored in Print/Digital Journalism with a minor in English. She is from "outside Philadelphia," which in her case is Yardley, Pennsylvania. Allie is looking for full-time employment in writing, editing, fact-checking, podcasting, and other areas of the journalism and writing fields.