Picture of girl's hands with colorful nails in front of torso
Original photo by Alexa Weissberg
Style > Fashion

My Favorite Trending Nail Designs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

There is nothing better than the feeling of going to the nail salon and coming out with a fresh new set of acrylic or gel nails. It’s the perfect way to add to your weekly outfits while also making your confidence skyrocket. 

From subtle designs to bold-colored patterns, I am loving the current nail trends occurring in 2021. There is something for everyone to rock this season even if it means stepping out of your comfort zone a little. 

Here are some of my favorites that I have spotted on the gram that I am dying to try. 

Swirly Pattern

I’m not quite sure what to call this design, but whatever it is called I am obsessed. With both its simplicity and bold combination of colors, it’s truly perfect. 

I’ve seen a ton of variations with both color and pattern on this design, each better than the next. The only downfall to this design is both the price/time it will take to accomplish but from personal experience, it is 100% worth it.

Circular Tip

I have always been a fan of the french tip and thought it couldn’t go up from there. However, I was completely wrong. 

When this nail design started trending, I immediately hopped on the bandwagon and got my nails done this way within a week. 

I will always be a fan of the traditional french tip but for now, this will be the only design on my mind.

Abstract Design

I will be honest at first glance, I didn’t really like this design. I thought there was too much going on and believed this would be a trend that would quickly fade away. 

However, I slowly started to become the largest fan of the design. With time, I started to realize it truly was a work of art upon your nails. What more could you ask for?

Lilac or Sage

What is better than a classic bold color, especially these two colors which are perfect for springtime. Not only are these colors amazing by themselves but they fit perfectly when combined as well. 

These colors have made it to the top of my list of favorite colors within the past year and I have been itching to get my nails done in either color once spring sprung.

Cherry Design

I hope I am not the only one that simply cannot get over how cute these nails are. Upon the first view, I was absolutely in love. 

They are so simple yet so chic at the same time, the best combinations you could ask for.

If you’re struggling to decide what to get next, I definitely recommend giving these designs a try. 

Hi! I'm Alexa and I am a junior at Penn State University majoring in Journalism with a minor in art. When I am not writing articles for Her Campus, you can find me binging Bojack Horseman, browsing Instagram for the latest fashion updates, or cooking up in the kitchen.