This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

I love going to concerts— learning the lyrics to every song on the album, getting dressed and losing your voice the following morning. Before the pandemic, I had attended some of the best concerts, making some of the best memories of my life. 

I miss seeing my favorite singers and bands, which is why I want to share some of my favorite great experiences and reminisce about them with you. 

I have been to many concerts, so I am going to be sharing my top 6, starting off with:

Billy Joel 

I saw Billy Joel perform twice —Philadelphia and New York. He was fantastic and I cried both times when he sang my favorite song, Vienna. Singing New York State of Mind in New York was so nostalgic. An absolute dream come true seeing this idol perform.

Taylor Swift

Alert: T Swift Fans

I saw Taylor Swift perform on the Red album tour and she was unforgettable. I know every Swift song, so this concert was everything and more. She knows how to put on a show and leave you with the biggest smile on your face.

Twenty-One Pilots

Two years ago, my family Christmas gift was tickets to a Twenty-One Pilots concert. The concert was very entertaining— strobe lights and a dynamic stage— and the band sounded really good. I was euphoric. 

Zac Brown Band

I saw ZBB over the summer and it was so fun. The venue was a stage and a lawn, so one can bring a blanket, lawn chairs or stand to enjoy live music, food and friends. 

Shawn Mendes

I absolutely love the album Shawn Mendes. I went with a group of friends and we sat all the way in the nosebleed section, but that did not affect our experience whatsoever. We all fangirled over him and sang our hearts out.

Ariana Grande 

All I have to say is 7 Rings.

This concert was so cool, with all the dancers and stage props. You could not take your eyes off the stage or you would miss something. Her voice sounded just like it does on the radio which was so impressive and made the concert much more enjoyable.

Here’s to more concerts in 2021!

McHalea is a freshman at Penn State University majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. She is eager to learn and get involved, as she is also a member of Happy Valley Communications. She loves comedies and spending time with friends and family.
Arden Ericson will graduate Penn State in May of 2023. As one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at PSU, she is a double-major in Public Relations and French Language. After graduation, she will pursue a career that combines her passion for educational equity, social justice and French.