My favorite celebrity halloween costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Halloween may be on a Monday this year, but people have been celebrating all weekend, especially celebrities. From Flo from Progressive to two Marge Simpsons, celebrities had some very creative costumes this year. Below are some of the favorite costumes I’ve seen so far!

Lili reinhart, madelaine petsch, and camila mendes

The “Riverdale” trio always have amazing group costumes, and this year continued the trend. They dressed up as the Sanderson sisters from “Hocus Pocus” and looked spot on!

Lizzo and cardi b

Marge Simpson turned out to be a hot commodity this year. Both Lizzo and Cardi B dressed up as the matriarch of the Simpson family. Though both put their own personal touch on it, both singers donned yellow body paint, tall blue hair, and green clothing.

diddy

A good Joker costume will always impress me, and Diddy looks like he stepped right out of “The Dark Knight”. Dressing up as Heath Ledger’s joker, Diddy took on the role as he took on the persona all night long.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkV1lEJLUb8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

kim kardashian

Kim K has been outspoken about wanting to join Marvel, and unofficially did this weekend. She turned blue to become Mystique from “X-Men”. Mystique has been a popular costume for celebrities due to the skin tight look of no clothing even though the actual character did wear clothes in the comics.

Chloe bailey

Chloe Bailey also hopped on the “X-Men” train, transforming into Storm.

hailey bieber

I think Hailey might have had the most unique costume I’ve seen. She channeled the rose wedding dress worn on a runway in 1999. Laetitia Casta work it on Yves Saint Lauren’s runway and Hailey Beiber took her role as brand ambassador seriously as she donned the archive look.

frankie jonas

Frankie Jonas has always liked to tease his brothers, and he made no exceptions for Halloween where Frankie and his girlfriend recreated a scene from “Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience”. They dressed up as former couple Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift in a move many on the internet called iconic.

joe jonas

Joe Jonas told his followers to just “Go with the Flo” and he became the Progressive icon.

Janelle Monae

Janelle Monae went under an entire transformation for this look. She turned into Diva Plavalaguna, alien singer from the film The Fifth Element, arguably the most intricate celebrity costume this year.

Kendall Jenner

Kendell’s first post from “Halloweekend” featured her as the iconic and nostalgic Jessie from Toy Story 2.

Her next outfit poked fun at herself. A few months back, a scene of her cutting a cucumber from The Kardashian’s went viral, with people claiming she was cutting it wrong and showing how out of touch with reality she is, with many making jokes about her. She dressed up as a cucumber, holding a knife and captioned it “I’m giving out fruits and veggies tonight”.

Nina Dobrev and Shaun White

Nina Dobrev and Shaun White recreated one of the top popular culture moments from this year: Vecna and Max in the cemetery from Stranger Things. They put their own twist by gender swapping the roles, with Nina becoming Vecna and Shaun becoming Max, complete with the blood under his eyes. Nina may not have spent countless hours to become Venca like the actor did on set, as she found a one piece to channel the monster.

So many celebrities have yet to post their costumes online, make sure to check social media on November 1 and the next few days in order to find your own favorite costumes!

Ashley is a freshman at Penn State University majoring in broadcast journalism. In her free time, she loves reading, watching premier league football, obsessing over Harry Styles, and proclaiming her love for Saquon Barkley.