My Family Replaced Me With A Puppy And I Can’t Blame Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Meet my family’s newest addition.

Although they’ll tell me otherwise, I know the only reason my family adopted this bundle of joy was because they needed a little bean shaped cutie to fill the void in their hearts that I left behind when I went off to college. Honestly, I’m totally fine with this little man taking my place in the household. He already has me beat for coolest family member and here’s 9 reasons why.

1. He’s super snuggly

Even on long road trips, he’s always as snug as a pug.

2. He rocks a bow tie

Let’s face it: I’ll never look this stylish.

3. He likes his veggies

At least he likes to play with them!

4. The other pets love him too

My dog, Penny, loves him more than me, honestly.

5. He loves the beach

No one does a beach day like this little man.

6. He’s a stair master

Was I climbing the stairs at 2 and half months? Nope.

7. He’s super playful

If by play you mean get conked out after chewing on a rope for two minutes, then sure.

8. He’s outdoorsy

A born adventurer!

9. He loves trips to the park

But, only if he stays awakes for them.

If you too are being replaced by a puppy or another furry friend while you’re off at college, get excited because chances are you’ll come to love them too.

Kaylee is the former President and Editor in Chief for Her Campus at the University of Delaware. She held this title from 2017-2020 and wrote for Penn State's chapter as a contributor prior to this. Now a proud UD class of 2020 alum (B.A. in Public Policy and Writing), Kaylee is completing her Masters in Public Health. Aside from writing, Kaylee was involved in many activities as an undergrad. She wrote for three college publications, was a Blue Hen Ambassador tour guide, worked as a Starbucks barista, and was the Director of Operations for the Model United Nations at UD.
Meghan Maffey graduated from the Pennslyvania State University in the Spring of 2017. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in English.