books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Movies to Help You Forget About that Bad Grade

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

We all get that bad grade once in a while and feel like all other homework and studying is useless if a bad grade comes out of it. To get out of that funk, just watch one of these movies, and you’ll be back to your usual self in no time.

Mamma Mia! 

So, you got a bad grade? Just imagine moving to a Greek island to get away from your problems and conveying all your emotions through song!

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

This may seem like a silly one, but Flint went through thousands of failed and silly inventions but still came out on top and saved Swallow Falls. Just get past your failed grades and do better the next time!

Princess and the Frog

Honestly, I just love this movie.

Meet the Robinsons

The repeated saying in this movie is “keep moving forward.” I think that says enough by itself.

Charlie’s Angels

Watching powerful women take down men with their sexuality and strength, it’s a yes.

Set it Up

This movie is simply just a feel-good movie that I highly recommend.

Black Panther

This is my third favorite Marvel movie. The soundtrack, costume design, and the whole plot by itself is just mind blowing.

Thor: Ragnarok

This is my second favorite Marvel movie. It’s super funny and Tessa Thompson and Jeff Goldblum are amazing. I once watched this movie three nights in a row.

If you’re going through it, taking time to yourself and watching one of these movies will definitely improve your mood. Don’t let one bad thing get to you longer than it ever should.

A PSU junior majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Digital Media Trends and Analytics who has an impressive skill of quoting any Parks and Rec episode word for word.
Bailey McBride is a Senior at Penn State University pursuing a Broadcast Journalism degree with minors in Political Science and Digital Media Trends & Analytics. She is a sister of Delta Gamma. She enjoys making hyper-organizational lists and looking at future pups to adopt. Her dream job is to be Press Secretary of the White House.