yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Michael Myers Returns On Halloween Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

It’s been 40 years since Michael Myers went on his Halloween killing spree. In the new film, Jamie Lee Curtis steps back into her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who survived Michael Myers’ vicious attack once – but can she do it again? *Cue Michael Myers’ theme song*

As a horror movie fanatic, when I heard rumors of this remake I was immediately freaked out and waited patiently until October 19th. I was first introduced to the Halloween franchise as a young girl. I remember seeing a blue garage jumpsuit in a box during Halloween one year, and that’s where it all began.  

There are now 11 movies in the Halloween franchise. The first Halloween movie was released in 1978, and it tells the story of Michael Myers as he stalks and kills on Halloween night. It focuses in on his first murders: his parents and older sister, Judith Myers; he spares the life of his sister, Cynthia Myers – now known as Laurie Strode. 15 years later, Michael escapes from a mental institution and preys on Laurie Strode and her friends. 

Now in 2018, we see Laurie Strode living alone in her home preparing for Michael’s escape. This movie disregards all the other installments in between, so no need to go out and binge! The movie portrays her rocky relationships with her family due to the effects of post traumatic stress disorder, and it includes three generations of Myers women as they tell each of their stories. I don’t want to get into much, but the movie was fantastic. It was filled with a lot of blood, of course, but even in the time of death there are still a few good comedic scenes.

So if you and your significant other or you and your girlfriends want something fun to do this Halloween, then go check out this new Halloween movie, collegiettes! 

Hey everyone! My name is Christina. I am a junior at Penn State. I am majoring in Advertising with a minor in Security Risk Analysis. VSCO is the love of my life. I love to shop, however it makes my debit card and I have a bad relationship.
Samantha Grillo graduated from Penn State University with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. She loves creative writing, pop culture and Penn State, all of which led her to joining the Her Campus Penn State team at the beginning of her freshman year as a contributing writer. In her free time, Samantha enjoys reading, watching her favorite TV shows, and catching up on the latest movies.