Meet the openers for Taylor Swift’s “The Eras Tour”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at PSU chapter.

Taylor Swift announced her 2023 “The Eras Tour,” which will take us on a journey through all of the musical eras of her career. For each U.S. show, Swift has two incredible openers, so let’s learn about them:

Paramore

With songs like “Still into You” and “Misery Business,” this band formed in 2003 should be pretty recognizable. The band members currently consist of Hayley Williams (lead vocalist), Taylor York (guitarist) and Zac Farro (drummer). Since its start, Paramore has received a Best New Artist Grammy nomination (2008), won a Grammy for Best Rock Song with “Ain’t It Fun” (2015), charted several times on the Billboard Top 100 and more.

With Paramore only opening two shows for Taylor, those tickets will not be easy to get, but to anyone who does, Paramore will rock their socks off.

beabadoobee

Bea Kristi, known professionally as beabadoobee, began releasing bedroom pop music at only 17 years old. Her first release, “Coffee,” went viral in 2017 and ever since then, she’s released four albums: “Patched Up” (2018), “Loveworm” (2019), “Fake It Flowers” (2020) and “Beatopia” in 2022. She now has over 10 million listeners.

Phoebe Bridgers

Phoebe Bridgers is an LA-based singer/songwriter who has been playing guitar and writing indie pop since she was 11. Her first album release was in 2017 with “Stranger in the Alps.” She then joined forces with Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus for the indie EP, “Boygenius,” in 2018. “Punisher” was released in 2020 and could be considered her commercial breakthrough, as it led her to receive four Grammy Award Nominations, including one for Best New Artist.

Girl in Red 

Marie Ulven Ringheim, known professionally as Girl in Red, started releasing indie pop music back in 2018 with her EP release, “Chapter One,” and continued with the release of another EP in 2019, “Chapter Two.” These had big hits such as “i wanna be your girlfriend,” “girls” and “bad idea!”

Her debut album, “If I Could Make It Go Quiet” (2021), was a huge success and landed her three Norwegian Grammy Awards. Girl in Red is considered a queer icon and is a great performer.

MUNA

MUNA is an indie-pop band consisting of Katie Gavin (singer/songwriter), Josette Maskin (guitarist) and Naomi McPherson (guitarist/producer). They have released three albums: “About U” (2017), “Saves The World” (2019), and “MUNA” (2022). As well as opening for Swift, MUNA will also accompany Lorde on the Australian leg of her Solar Power Tour.

MUNA was also named among the fifty heroes “leading the nation toward equality, acceptance, and dignity for all people” byQueerty.

HAIM

The sisters of HAIM— Este, Danielle and Alana— use a combination of ’70s rock, ’80s pop, and ’90s R&B in their music. HAIM was formed in 2007 and has released three albums: “Days Are Gone” (2013), “Something to Tell You” (2017) and “Women in Music Pt. III” (2021). They’ve also been a part of numerous collaborations with the likes of Kid Cudi, Stevie Nicks and Calvin Harris.

As the best friends of Taylor Swift, the HAIM sisters have also recently appeared in her music video for “Bejeweled.”

Gayle

GAYLE is an American pop singer who rose to fame and signed with Atlantic Records after she released her hit single “abcdefu” in 2021, which charted worldwide and went viral on TikTok. Since then, she has released two EPs, “A Study of the Human Experience Volume One” and “A Study of the Human Experience Volume Two.”

Gracie Abrams

Gracie Abrams is one of my personal all-time favorite singers and I am so excited to see her opening for such a huge name. Gracie first started releasing music in 2019 with her first single, “Mean It.” Since then, she has released two EPs, “Minor” in 2020 and “This Is What It Feels Like” in 2021.

She toured with Olivia Rodrigo for her Sour Tour as an opener in 2022, and I’m so excited to see her moving on to bigger names.

OWENN

OWENN, although just starting out in his music career with his debut single “Baby Girl” in 2021, has been involved in the life of performance since the age of 17. He began as an extremely impressive dancer, having joined Rihanna for the LOUD World Tour and Miley Cyrus on the Bangerz World Tour, as well as becoming a staple of Taylor Swift’s show on the 1989 Tour and Reputation Tour. His music style is a mix between pop, R&B, and rock.

Taylor Swift has curated a perfect mix of openers for The Eras Tour, and I cannot wait to see them perform!

Hannah Workman is currently a sophomore at Penn State University studying psychology and journalism. When she's not writing or being a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus, Hannah loves listening to music, reading, and spending too much money on concerts and Starbucks!